Megadrum by Japi - Documentation / Pictures -

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Megadrum by Japi - Documentation / Pictures -

Postby japi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:37 pm

dmitri wrote:Should be the same

How can I confirm? Should I wait confirmation from Synthex?

dmitri wrote:Writing the bootloader will erase everything in Atmega so you'll have to upload the MegaDrum firmware again. But it is not a problem, is it?:)

Hehe.. I hope will not be a problem.. my fear is that my MD is currently working.. I fear to break it :oops:
japi

Postby Synthex » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:49 pm

japi wrote:1) Does the ICSP cable is the same for dmitris and synthex 2.5 boards? same pinout? I previously flashed my atmega with dmitris board but now I have a 2.5, so I need to know if I can use the same cable

The ICSP cable is the same.

japi wrote:2) My atmega already has a firmware. Is this a problem to the bootloader? Or the bootloader is flashed in a distinct area of the chip? Can I upload the bootloader directly and be done? Or I will have to upload the main firmware again ?

You must reflash your Atmega with the bootloader.
After, you must update the firmware by USB.
Synthex

Postby japi » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:28 pm

Bootloader working :)

I have a question

The autoload feature doesn't work well for me. That feature loads the config from memory position 1 or 2? I assume 1. This is what I do:

a) Tune megadrum as I want
b) Put autoload config in yes
c) Save config in slot 1

Once saved, when I reboot MD, it would show BIG VU meters and if I press a button will alternate in several options LOAD DRUM MAP 1, 2, 3 oand so on without the other menu options. To recover control of my MD, I have to reboot with RIGHT pressed to load defaults, and repeat a,b,c but restoring autoload config to NO.

Any thoughts?
japi

Postby dmitri » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:14 am

japi wrote:Bootloader working :)

I have a question

The autoload feature doesn't work well for me. That feature loads the config from memory position 1 or 2? I assume 1.

Once AutoloadConf set to Yes, it should auto load last saved/loaded config, i.e. if you saved in slot 2 last, then it should auto load from slot 2.

This is what I do:

a) Tune megadrum as I want
b) Put autoload config in yes
c) Save config in slot 1

Once saved, when I reboot MD, it would show BIG VU meters and if I press a button will alternate in several options LOAD DRUM MAP 1, 2, 3 oand so on without the other menu options.

Do you have a HiHat pedal connected?

To recover control of my MD, I have to reboot with RIGHT pressed to load defaults, and repeat a,b,c but restoring autoload config to NO.

Any thoughts?

If you leave AutoloadConf as No, and load configs manually, does it set BigVU to Yes
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby japi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:25 am

dmitri wrote:Once AutoloadConf set to Yes, it should auto load last saved/loaded config, i.e. if you saved in slot 2 last, then it should auto load from slot 2.

Great, that helps

Nope

If you leave AutoloadConf as No, and load configs manually, does it set BigVU to Yes

If I load config manually it works fine without setting the vu's BIG, apparently that only happens with the autoload
japi

Postby dmitri » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:46 am

japi wrote:

Nope

If a HiHat pedal is not connected, MegaDrum thinks it is pressed. If QuickAccess is set to No then with a pressed HiHat pedal, keys LEFT/RIGHT are deactivated and keys UP/DOWN are used for a quick load of drum maps.

If I load config manually it works fine without setting the vu's BIG, apparently that only happens with the autoload

I'll check it.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby japi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:12 am

dmitri wrote:If a HiHat pedal is not connected, MegaDrum thinks it is pressed. If QuickAccess is set to No then with a pressed HiHat pedal, keys LEFT/RIGHT are deactivated and keys UP/DOWN are used for a quick load of drum maps.

I see. Weird thing is that this behaviour doesn't happen with autoload in NO

I'll check it.

Thanks! Let me know if I can be of any help
japi

Postby dmitri » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:10 pm

About 'Big VU Meter' and 'QuickAccess'. This is a temp fix:
Change both to Yes and then exit(or wait until it exits) the menu. After that change to a desired value. After that these settings will be properly auto loaded.
I'll fix it in the next release.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby japi » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:56 pm

The problem is, that once I set those to yes, I cannot go back to the menu to set them to no, because up and down only shows load drum maps and left and right are disabled
japi

Postby dmitri » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:15 pm

To overcome this at the moment I can only recommend either to connect a HiHat pedal or pull HiHat pedal input to +5 over 1k-20k resistor.
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware