DIY Cymbal 3 zone question....

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

DIY Cymbal 3 zone question....

Postby evh0u812 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:18 am

Hey, can anyone who may know chime in and let me know if its possible to do a 3 zone ride with a switch edge, piezo bow and piezo bell using a single TRS jack like the Yamaha style?
Cant find any info on this configuration other than using a switch with the resistor for the bell. Id like to use a piezo for velocity on the bell (which is a separate isolated bell on top of the cymbal) rather than the circuit to convert the piezo to a switch which I know will work.
Finally got all my dual zone cymbals configured with the MD but Im a little lost with what the MD is capable of regarding 3 zones.

Ive just made up my cable loom for the kit and only used one TRS lead for the ride........I can pull it apart and add another but would love not to have to.

Thanks in advance people!!!!
evh0u812

Re: DIY Cymbal 3 zone question....

Postby GreasyBumpkin » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:48 am

I haven't built mine yet but I had a Roland style ride which goes Pie-Pie-Switch which is redundant on MD and a waste of an input.

The Yamaha style cymbal goes Pie-Switch-Switch (Bow-Edge-Bell) with the bell switch using a 10k resistor to distinguish itself from the Edge.

EDIT: ah sorry just realised you answered my post already, yeah I dunno if it's possible at all to make a 3 zone with two peizos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GreasyBumpkin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware