How do I setup midi thru? TD-7 to MD

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: How do I setup midi thru? TD-7 to MD

Postby lrizzo2001 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:09 am

dmitri wrote:Please test this firmware version:
megadrumSTM32d_56_20190512.zip

I'm still getting the solid red light after upgrading.
Just to clarify, I have midi thru checked on the Misc screen, and Midi Thru selected on the Options Screen with MD port 1 selected.
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Wed May 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Solid red light means it is receiving MIDI constantly from TD-7 (MIDI sense?). It should still pass MIDI through even if it constantly red.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:44 am

dmitri wrote:Solid red light means it is receiving MIDI constantly from TD-7 (MIDI sense?). It should still pass MIDI through even if it constantly red.

TD-7 midi not being sent through. However the MD is sending since the firmware upgrade which it didn't do before. TD-7 midi out connected into midi in on my Presonus interface sends midi to software so I know the TD-7 is working fine.
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 am

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with TD-7. I'm saying that it is probably sending MIDI data constantly.

dmitri wrote:TD-7 midi not being sent through. However the MD is sending since the firmware upgrade which it didn't do before.

I now don't understand what is sending or not sending and what and if before or after upgrade.

I tested it with the firmware 20190512 and external MIDI device. I connected the external MIDI device to MegaDrum MIDI In and enabled MIDI Thru.
After that I sarted sending constantly MIDI data from the external MIDI device through MegaDrum. The MIDI LED is constantly on but all those MIDI data come though MegaDrum and I can see them in MDMFX and when I trigger inputs on the MegaDrum itself at the same time they are also coming through.
So as far as I can see MIDI Thru functionalisty is working as expected.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:03 am

Do you also have midi thru turned on under options?
And if so. What port?

dmitri wrote:I'm not saying there is anything wrong with TD-7. I'm saying that it is probably sending MIDI data constantly.

dmitri wrote:TD-7 midi not being sent through. However the MD is sending since the firmware upgrade which it didn't do before.

I now don't understand what is sending or not sending and what and if before or after upgrade.

I tested it with the firmware 20190512 and external MIDI device. I connected the external MIDI device to MegaDrum MIDI In and enabled MIDI Thru.
After that I sarted sending constantly MIDI data from the external MIDI device through MegaDrum. The MIDI LED is constantly on but all those MIDI data come though MegaDrum and I can see them in MDMFX and when I trigger inputs on the MegaDrum itself at the same time they are also coming through.
So as far as I can see MIDI Thru functionalisty is working as expected.
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Thu May 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Yes, of course I enable MIDI Thru, otherwise MIDI data from an external MIDI device would not pass through MegaDrum,
Maybe you somehow created a MIDI loop via MegaDrum/PC? This would make the same MIDI data to loop through MegaDrum/PC anf would make MegaDrum to stop doing anything else except receiving/sending MIDI.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:14 pm

So you have midi thru checked on both the Misc page AND the Options page?
On the options page you must also select a port?

dmitri wrote:Yes, of course I enable MIDI Thru, otherwise MIDI data from an external MIDI device would not pass through MegaDrum,
Maybe you somehow created a MIDI loop via MegaDrum/PC? This would make the same MIDI data to loop through MegaDrum/PC anf would make MegaDrum to stop doing anything else except receiving/sending MIDI.
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Thu May 16, 2019 1:18 pm

No, only in Misc MegaDrum settings.
MIDI Thru in MDMFX Options is for MDMFX to pass through incoming MIDI data from MDMFX to other MIDI ports.
dmitri
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Related Software