Presentation - Wapata

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Presentation - Wapata

Postby Wapata » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:51 am

Hi !
I'm Wapata, 30 years, and i have a Yamaha DTXpress IV Standard.
I't working quite good and i'm thinking about building some pads for it. Two bells, and a good snare. That's okay because i can do it just by using a 1stereo/2mono split jack cable.

But. There is some false triger with this kit. And a looooot of sounds that we can use, be we won't. So i'm thinking about building a MEgaDrum board and making more pads just to sell my old Yamaha and win some money and good hardware. But as i love the ride and the crash with the mute thing, i have to be sure that my new kit will work as good.

Plus, i just have Bandstand as software, and it need a pretty good computer. So, i have to find an other thing. I like the vintage electronic-drum-sound, and the classic drum sound (and the GameBoy drum sound... yeaaaaah). Maybe the RPI3 will be good enough to handle software for tree good hearing kits ?

In an other way, i've found a megadrum-carimba somewhere in the forum, it make me dreaming too !

What's more... I'm French, it's not my first electronic project, neither my first hardware project, and i hope that we can talk about both together !

Have a good day !
Wapata

Re: Presentation - Wapata

Postby airflamesred » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:01 am

I'm not sure if there is a question in there somewhere but welcome to the forum anyway.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:38 pm

I also don't see what the questions are.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Wapata » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:36 pm

There is no question.

I'm just introducing myself and it's a mess :lol:

I will have some questions for sur, but it will be after i can find a new home, and go from my Yamaha kit to a MegaDrum one.
Wapata

Postby Wapata » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:12 am

Hi
It's been a while but... Big news !
Using open-edrum project I have made some pads to test :
link to Google album a 12", 10" and 8"
And it's working great.
I may make a drum kit with 12" snare and all the rest 8"

Need to sell Yamaha pads to continue the project.
Wapata

Postby airflamesred » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:48 am

Throwing some encouragement at you.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby Wapata » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:37 pm

Thanks that's sweet !
I have a happy face now
Wapata

Postby jarosz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 am

Wapata wrote:Plus, i just have Bandstand as software, and it need a pretty good computer. So, i have to find an other thing. I like the vintage electronic-drum-sound, and the classic drum sound (and the GameBoy drum sound... yeaaaaah). Maybe the RPI3 will be good enough to handle software for tree good hearing kits ?

Hi.

I've been experimenting with Raspberry Pi 3 for a while, and it can handle good hearing kits with megadrum, linuxsampler and external audio card at 10-12 ms average latency (measured as a difference in time between audio captured from drum head by close microphone and audio card's line output). I'm trying to get under 10 ms with Pi 4 and custom software, but I'm not there yet :)
jarosz

Postby Wapata » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:50 am

This is a great news !
Witch Linux os did you use ?

Thanks for updating this topic, I appreciate :D
Wapata

Postby jarosz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:30 am

DietPi with custom compiled kernel (1000_HZ), but there was no noticable difference, and PREEMPT_RT was performing even worse (or I couldn't configure it good enough).
jarosz

Next

Return to Off topic