56 inputs MegaDrum module for sale

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: 56 inputs MegaDrum module for sale

Postby dmitri » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 pm

The Kick is the only mono jack. All other jacks are stereo and all of them, including HiHat cymbal (jack 3), can be used with dual/3way pads/cymbals.
Note that the HiHat Pedal (jack 1) is a special (stereo) jack but you use it only with HiHat pedals/controllers.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Maecks » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm

hi Dimitri,

I'am from Germany and i want to now if the cymbals could be choked, with this Modul and what cost it with positional sensing complete built by you?
sorry for my english
Maecks

Postby dmitri » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Dual/triple zone cymbals (e.g. Yamaha and Roland cymbals) can be choked on any input.

The ARM based 56 inputs module with Positional sensing board built in it is 230GBP (British pounds) plus 20GBP shipping to Germany.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby benni05 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello Community,

I've just ordered my MegaDRUM from Dmitri and will probably build myself another one later this year. I thought it might be useful to have the labeling for the 56 Input module printed out in order to stick it to the casing for example. Dmitri, feel free to use this or hand it out to customers as you like.

I hope the depictions are correct - since I'm not holding the module in my hands right now, just let me know if there is something incorrect and I will fix it.

Please the the files (SVG, PNG) attached.

Ben

* REVISED Jan, 31st 2013*

dmitri wrote:Modules have no labels on them but here is the description:

On the front (from left to right):
1. On/Off switch
2. MIDI LED
3. LCD
4. Controls: LEFT/RIGHT encoder with built-in LEFT button, UP/DOWN buttons, UP/DOWN encoder with built-in RIGHT button.
5. High/Low HiHat impedance selection. Default is Low (Up position) with AltIn in settings set to No.

On the back (from left to right looking from the back) top row:
1. HiHat pedal/controller input
2. Kick
3. HiHat
4. Snare
5. Ride
6. Crash
7. Tom1
8. Tom2
9. Tom3
10. Tom4
11. Aux1
12. Aux2
13. Aux3
14. Aux4
15. Aux5

On the back (from left to right looking from the back) bottom row:

16. Aux6
17. Aux7
18. Aux8
19. Aux9
20. Aux10
21. Aux11
22. Aux12
23. Aux13
24. Aux14
25. Aux15
26. Aux16
27. Aux17
28. Aux18
29. Aux19

I. USB
II. MIDI In
III. MIDI Out

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by benni05 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benni05

Postby dmitri » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 pm

Ben, many thanks! I will certainly place in the first post but can you correct the omission on the Front panel - Up, Down buttons and Left, Right buttons built into the encoders?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby benni05 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:09 pm

I've uploaded a revised version, please let me know if this is correct now.

Thanks
Ben
benni05

Postby dmitri » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:28 pm

It looks correct now, thanks!
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Trommeltotti » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:05 pm

benni05 wrote: ......I thought it might be useful to have the labeling for the 56 Input module printed out in order to stick it to the casing for example.....

@benni05:

thanks much for this and you are totally right! Such over 29 input connectivity's on backside from module fitted in a 19" road case needs surely a serious labeling design! Otherwise it seems to be impossible to connect/disconnect every time all this connectors the right way without confusing.

@dmitri:

Since there is no other Module on market with such many triggering inputs like MD in consequence your should think about a new logical default labeling/naming design for it inside the module, on MegaDrumManager and backside the hardware gear. If we look to most common real A-Setup's we can often see that real drummer uses:

one Kick (or double Kickdrum)
one HiHat (sometimes also one extra remote or closed FX-HiHat in additional)
one snare (also sometimes in additional one extra FX-Snare)
normally 3-4 Toms
2-4 Crash Cymbals
one Ride
one Splash and one Chinese Cymbal
and additional some Percussion Gear like cowbells, tambourine, blocks and timbales and so on.

The idea is to design a logical connectivity sequencing arrangement like a FOH Tech would do when connecting all mics from A-Drumset to sound console as default labeling/naming arrangement. This should be the best way for most of the drummers out there.

In short: On MegaDrum with 56 inputs there are to many labeling/naming "AUX Inputs" as default for a common suitable setup with realistic senses.

My suggestion in this case is to use the top trigger inputs row for a most common setup as default drumset instruments and the bottom inputs row for additional Kick, HiHat, Snare inputs and of course the individual AUX inputs.

On the back (from left to right looking from the back) top row:
1. HiHat pedal/controller input
2. Kick
3. HiHat
4. Snare
5. Tom1
6. Tom2
7. Tom3
8. Tom4
9. Crash1
10. Crash2
11. Crash3
12. Crash4
13. Ride
14. Splash
15. China

On the back (from left to right looking from the back) bottom row:

16. Kick2 (I know this is a stereo Input)
17. HiHat2
18. Snare2
19. Aux1
20. Aux2
21. Aux3
22. Aux4
23. Aux5
24. Aux6
25. Aux7
26. Aux8
27. Aux9
28. Aux10
29. Aux11

Thank you very much

greats

Trommeltotti
Trommeltotti

Postby kiddkubi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi Dimitri .Awesome product youhave going here!!!!! I am from the U.S. Can you please let me know if i can get one of these in 32 input ,and how much it would be ? I currently am using a Roland td3 brain , and an old yamaha dt express brain, they are in seperate midi in ports . The problem i am having is that im not able to link the two brains together as far as cross talk is concerned . so the more ( trigger pads ) i put on the second brain the more miss hits from the other brain come through . I currently have kick , snare , hihats ,hihats control pedal , 3 rack toms up , 2 floor toms down , 2 crashes , 2 splashes , and a ride . I would like to add maybe a closed 2nd hihat ( for double kick players ) and some other odd ball stuff like cowbell , shaker , and maybe some more toms and a china if they are needed . you can email me if you wish , at kiddkubi@yahoo.com

Thanks for your hard work , and for your time .
kiddkubi

Postby CharlySombreCoeur » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi Dimitri.

I just found you, after searching for an I/O Module, as the Alesis one. I wanted something better, that can accept 3 zone pads, either in Piezo/Piezo and Piezo/Switches.
That is what you can do, right ?
And does it work perfectly with Superior Drummer ?

I read all this topic, and I feel confident about your work. What I dont understand is why some big industrial dont give you a well paid Job ?

I will look further before taking a final decision, but during time, could you send me the total price for 32 inputs and 54 Inputs, to France.

Thanks you.
CharlySombreCoeur

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware