Latest MegaDrum firmware version

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Latest MegaDrum firmware version

Postby dmitri » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:34 pm

derbstens wrote:Any suggestions?

Step by step describe what you do and what happens.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby derbstens » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:15 pm

thanks for your quick response Dmitri.

What I do is the following:

Power on MegaDrum

Open MDM

Open midi connection via upper left button

current firmware is shown: 20101223

Select the MegaDrum firmware file. (megadrum644_20_56_20110207)

Disconnect (power off) MegaDrum.

While holding MegaDrum's button LEFT connect (power on) MegaDrum.

By pressing MegaDrum's button UP select a correct MegaDrum crystal frequency. (20 MHz I assume, due to it being a Dmitri 56 Kit)

Press MegaDrum's button DOWN. MegaDrum LCD shows:

'StartUpdateOnPC'

Click button Start in MGM

The status bar for firmware send stays at zero %.

3-5 seconds after pressing the down button on the MegaDrum Module it returning into running mode and shows vu display.

After a few more seconds, MGM reports:

'MegaDrum is not responding'

If 'Start' in MGM update dialogue is pressed before down switch at MegaDrum module, MDM reports:

'CRC error, File damaged?'

After re-downloading firmware and repeating the process in the correct order still no change.

thanks for your help.
derbstens

Postby dmitri » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Try this procedure: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1252
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby derbstens » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:02 pm

cool!

that worked.

Sort of pita tho 8-)

Being on a mac makes it necessary to run Parallels and download MDUpdater and theFirmware versions but I'm glad it worked.

Hope not to have to do that very often, but it seems Dmitri is too sedulous with kick ass firmware upgrades... ;)

Thank you very much for this amazing device and putting in so much hard work to make it what it is:

the butt kicker for any other device of this kind I've seen to date.

Thanks.
derbstens

Postby dmitri » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm

derbstens wrote:cool!

that worked.

Sort of pita tho 8-)

Being on a mac makes it necessary to run Parallels and download MDUpdater and theFirmware versions but I'm glad it worked.

I think you are the first who tested, or gave any feedback on running MDM on Mac. Please, report the problem in viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1504 . When I have a chance I will try to reproduce it on Mac and hopefully fix it.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Loccufier » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:09 pm

Hello everyone.

I haven't been here in a while, but I figured my Megadrum might need a firmware update, so I though I'd check.
Unfortunately there appear to have been some developments wich make it impossible to simply do a firmware update here at home.
I'm still running version 20090927. Updating requiers me to send my Atmega644 to Dmitri because of the encryption thing, right?
Now my question: My Megadrum works as expected as it is. Is there any real reason why I should bother to send it to Russia and back?
Loccufier

Postby dmitri » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Loccufier wrote:Hello everyone.

I haven't been here in a while, but I figured my Megadrum might need a firmware update, so I though I'd check.
Unfortunately there appear to have been some developments wich make it impossible to simply do a firmware update here at home.
I'm still running version 20090927. Updating requiers me to send my Atmega644 to Dmitri because of the encryption thing, right?

It is up to you either to send your chip to me or join the latest bulk order at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1552
Now my question: My Megadrum works as expected as it is. Is there any real reason why I should bother to send it to Russia and back?

If it works as expected why would you want a newer firmware? And why would you want to send it to Russia?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Loccufier » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:04 pm

dmitri wrote:
Loccufier wrote:Hello everyone.

It is up to you either to send your chip to me or join the latest bulk order at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1552

If it works as expected why would you want a newer firmware? And why would you want to send it to Russia?

Isn't that where you are located? I'm sorry if I got that wrong :)

I wanted to check if there was any essential new functionality in the current firmware version. If so, I might join the bulk order.
Loccufier

Postby dmitri » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:33 pm

Loccufier wrote:I wanted to check if there was any essential new functionality in the current firmware version. If so, I might join the bulk order.

I presume you have read through the changes log in the first post of the topic.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Loccufier » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:28 pm

I have read it trough briefly, but since it doesn't go all the way back to my version and because it is hard for me to imagine how a lot of the changes affect the experience in real life, I decided to simply ask.
Perhaps there had been a major update in user experience I had overlooked, but now I presume there are none.

I'm sorry to have bothered you with this.

O, and I'm not being ungrateful for the product you have given us, neither do I find your decision to encrypt the firmware presumptuous. I was just wondering if I could drastically improve the great product I already have by ordering a new atmega with the updated firmware or by sending mine to you for updating.
Loccufier

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware