>>> KIT AVAILABLE <<< All In One v3.1 PCB 56i Kit for sale !

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: >>> KIT AVAILABLE <<< All In One v3.1 PCB 56i Kit for sale !

Postby Ken Forgettable » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:42 pm

speterman, your heart desireth is here, unless Synthex has his own build of course.
Ken Forgettable

Postby speterman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks Ken, I saw the source code for PIC18f2550 in another post, so I thought that synthex had his own PIC firmware.
speterman

Postby Synthex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 pm

I have my own PIC firmware for 18F2550 only.
Synthex

Postby der Papst » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:14 pm

@Synthex:
Today i got your packet :)

The jacks from Pollin (http://www.pollin.de/shop/detail.php?pg=NQ==&a=MjcwOTQ1OTk=) are from CLIFF and fit except the pin which is connected to the metal front-plate (maybe you could add a hole to GND for the next productions).

0,25€/piece is the cheapest price i've seen, so maybe you could add them to the kits :)
der Papst

Postby Venimal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Is there a picture of the complete Input PCB's? We are working on it right now.

There are a couple things I don't understand. What are all the three holes for above the jacks, and then the 3 for the Hi-Hat pedal. For the life of me I cannot find a manuel for those PCB's.
Venimal

Postby Synthex » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Venimal wrote:Is there a picture of the complete Input PCB's? We are working on it right now.

There are a couple things I don't understand. What are all the three holes for above the jacks, and then the 3 for the Hi-Hat pedal. For the life of me I cannot find a manuel for those PCB's.

All the three holes for above the jacks are only for single jacks :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=813&start=10#p10325
If you use stacked jacks, don't use the three holes.

"Pedal Impedance" :
Jumper between 1 and 2 = Low impedance (less than 50 Kohm)
Jumper between 2 and 3 = High impedance

"Pedal Polarity" :
Jumper between 1 and 2 = Tip is the input, Ring is the power
Jumper between 2 and 3 = Tip is the power, Ring is the input
Synthex

Postby Synthex » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:30 am

15* CLIFF Stacked jacks are now included in the Input Kit ! :)

15_Stacked_Jacks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synthex

Postby davem » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:50 pm

Damn, just after I'd put mine all together as well :D I have exactly the same jacks on my input boards and they work great. Photos will be coming soon I expect.
davem

Postby Trommeltotti » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Dear @Synthex,

first I have to thank you for your complete "All in One v3.1 PCB 56i Kit" and the two Input boards now also with 15 CLIFF Stacked jacks included! Very nice :P Very helpful!

Since some weeks my new http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/ kit arrived (scroll down to the "Gold Glass Glitter" Set That's me :roll: ) I have to complete my professionally E-Drum project with this MegaDrum converter to use professional native sound libraries like Toontrack Superior 2.1 on stage. (I do not use this awful ROLAND/YAMAHA modul sounds! NO WAY!)

First I asked @dmitri to build me a Megadrum converter but I think I will build it to my own because I have special requirements to this.

In any case I need a separate "Breakout Box" just with all 28 Inputs included fitted at my Pearl drumrack. The main PCB and all other Connections (Midi, USB and so on) have to fitted in a professional 19" case to put this into a 19" rack.

Why does this necessary? Well, I do not like to connect every concert all that about 22-24 Input jacks to the MegaDrum converter. So my idea is to use one or two multi core cable to connect the MegaDrum converter with the "Breakout Box" fitted at my Pearl drumrack.

That means:

From the main PCB at the HDR-2X13 connector / 1* IDC-2X13 connector and HDR-2X20 connector / 1* IDC-2X20 connector I have to go internal to the rear side of the 19" enclosure. Than from rear side external with two multi core cable maybe like this from http://www.partsdata.de/SCSI-Kabel_2x_Centronics-50_90cm_CS-024-09.html to the Breakout Box. Than inside the Breakout Box again with the internal HDR-2X13 connector / 1* IDC-2X13 connector and HDR-2X20 connector / 1* IDC-2X20 connector from the rear side to the two Input boards with that all stacked jacks.

But the problem is this external cables for this! I definitely do not solder such multi core cable! NO WAY! So is there a solution to use those SCSI 50pol cables from Centronics for this? Are there Adaptor available from 40pol/26pol IDE internal connectors to SCSI 50pol/25pol external cables? And If, does this work? @Snthex what do you think about this? Do you have an idea?

EDIT:

Look at this: http://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10609#p10609 from the member @wazza187
But with this solution there is just the display and keyboard separated. Not really what I am looking for but good to understand what I mean.

Thanks very much with best regards

Thorsten
Germany
Trommeltotti

Postby Synthex » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks a lot !! :)

I think it's difficult to use those SCSI 50pol cables.
Each wire on those cables is not shielded to prevent noise.
Electrical noise is a problem for multiple false triggering.

I use my MegaDrum as a "Breakout Box".
it's always attached to the rack of my drum.

I only plug the USB cable on it.
I configure it and control it with MCT software.
I use the keyboard only to update the firmware.

I think the PCB is small and sturdy enough to fit in a Breakout Box.
Synthex

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware