The King is dead. Long live the King!

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

The King is dead. Long live the King!

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:33 pm

Sorry guys, MegaDrum has been in development for too long and, I must admit, I used a very outdated algorithm (which I bought from Roland and signed an NDA with them) and it is not performing to everyone's moderate/high expectations, so I recommend you all ask Marctwo for schematics and any new firmware - read on this thread

Again, I'm very sorry I let you all down:(

P.S. Just to be clear - this whole thread is a joke:)
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: The King is dead. Long live the King!

Postby Synthex » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:47 pm

???

Megadrum is the top of the top !!
Synthex

Postby Marctwo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:51 pm

Sorry, I've obviously upset you. That wasn't my intention.
Marctwo

Postby Goldie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:56 pm

Yeah, take it easy guys.
Goldie

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:58 pm

Marctwo wrote:Sorry, I've obviously upset you. That wasn't my intention.

No, you didn't:) How can progress upset anyone! And we all expect schematics and new firmware from you - all we want to do is drumming. If you have a website I'll place a link to it so that everyone knows where to get it.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:21 pm

Synthex wrote:???

Megadrum is the top of the top !!

You're wrong in several ways:
1. Bad algorithm - with MegaDrum's 3ms latency sound can travel almost a meter, with Marctwo's firmware it travels less than 20cm(it's like playing drums right next to your ear).
2. I have deceived people about what MegaDrum can/will do, e.g. I promised 0.5ms latency where it turned out to be mediocre 3-6ms.
3. I've used others algorithms in mine (and even then it turned out to be, shall I say, not very good).
And I can go on and on
:)
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby TriggerThis » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:50 pm

I'll just cancel the 1000 boards order I've placed and paid for to a manufacturer in China.. at least I wont loose the 200$ it cost for shipping !
TriggerThis

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:22 pm

TriggerThis wrote:I'll just cancel the 1000 boards order I've placed and paid for to a manufacturer in China.. at least I wont loose the 200$ it cost for shipping !

Don't do it! Just ask them to hang on a bit until you update them with correct schematics from Marctwo. You won't loose a penny/cent! Unless they already started the production:(
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby RMac » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:11 am

Hi all, I regularly browse over the posts concerning the wonderful work Dmitri is doing with Megadrum, it's all basically very constructive topics and viewpoints - but just a word about my experience with latency, having both owned and used just about every trigger device and module that has ever been built from Akai through to Roland I can truthfully say that Megadrum is up there with the best. It seems most often the case that latency is, for want of a better expression - a Win**** problem, using almost any other set up with Megadrum results in basically zilch latency. I am using a 32 Megadrum through a Muse Receptor - apart from configuring here and there ( my own inabilities...) its working perfectly - the only latency perceived is the speed of the sound from speaker cone to my ear....
My tip is - if you're using Megadrum with the ubiquitous PC , address the PC internals , soundcard type bus system etc. there is where the weakness lies.

Happy Drumming
RMac

Postby TriggerThis » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:45 am

dmitri wrote:Don't do it! Just ask them to hang on a bit until you update them with correct schematics from Marctwo. You won't loose a penny/cent! Unless they already started the production:(

Ahhhh.. nahhh.. I've just came up with my own firmware ... its actually better than anything else on the market.. it has -.2 ms ms latency... yes you read right.. minus .2 ms .. it actually anticipates the hit so there is no latency!
TriggerThis

Next

Return to Off topic