Anyone using MegaDrum live?

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Anyone using MegaDrum live?

Postby fuzzysnuggleduck » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:23 am

Hi MegaDrum community!

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there using a MegaDrum for live performances? What about serious recording projects?

If anyone is using MegaDrum live, what has the experience been like so far? What software do you use? How do you get the mix out to the board/PA?

It's not important that I know, I'm just curious ;)

Thanks!
fuzzysnuggleduck

Re: Anyone using MegaDrum live?

Postby jamalpiper » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:26 am

The two main things I'm planning on using it for.

I'll post when I get it done.
-[K]
jamalpiper

Postby fuzzysnuggleduck » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 am

I've begun fairly serious recording with MegaDrum and BFD1.5 w/ Logic and I'm very happy with the response. Better than a TD-3 or DTXpress IV, the only other two modules I've had any real experience with.

Not planning on live soon but I'd be interested to hear what challenges there are live or if it really is easy to give the house sound guy a straight patch off your DAW or Sampler and he just dials it on the PA and monitors?

Edit: We currently record live in to a Digi 002 using a Sans Amp for the bass and a POD xt Live for the guitars. It all goes out to a 4 channel headphone amp for jamming with multiple people. It's not perfect, but it's damn close for recording in an apartment with a view of the biggest urban park in Canada!
fuzzysnuggleduck

Postby jamalpiper » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:16 pm

The way I'm planning on doing live is megadrum into my desktop (till it gets replaced by a laptop), desktop running reaper with superior, EZ or BFD2, I haven't decided on which one I'll eventually go for... mix the drums in mono and send one output on my delta 1010LT into a direct box and then send that to the PA.

Direct box will be obsolete if I get a usb audio I/O with balanced outs with the laptop.
-[K]
jamalpiper

Postby lidel » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:52 pm

i'll use megadrum for live gigs in the future months then i'll post the response and add a video on youtube. i play punk rock
lidel

Postby DaRocka666 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:26 am

Hey,

still not i am waiting for it :-D

But, i am recording Guitar and Bass. My Interface is M-Audio 1010LT and it suits
good with Cubase. For Drum Parts i use BFD 2.0 and also Reason until i get the
Module. Maybe there will be a possibility to use the MegaDrum Module on a live
Gig. If so i´ll try to upload a short Video on UTube.

Greets
DaRocka
DaRocka666

Postby jamalpiper » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:58 am

I have a performance coming up in April (date not yet set) which I'm going to be using my megadrum at. I'll post my experiences.
-[K]
jamalpiper

Return to Off topic