Will MD support this setup

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Will MD support this setup

Postby Xmattz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:52 am

Hi all,

My MD is under construction atm. I plan to use it to replace my HD-1 module which is a bit limited.
From what I read on many forum, there is one main issue when doing so, with the Kick pedal. It seems it is not using a piezo but a variable resistor.
So after few search I found one guy that might have found a solution, here is what is says :

"Presumably the HD-1 pedal doesn't use a piezo which is required by the TD-6 kick input. Try connecting the HD-1 pedal to the TD-6 HH CTRL input and assign a kick sound to the HH input (HH:H03)."

Will i be able to do so with my MD, and still have my HH working (I asume there is only 1 HH ctrl) ?

Any sugestion ?

Xmattz
Xmattz

Re: Will MD support this setup

Postby jamalpiper » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:38 pm

To answer your question, to my knowledge Megadrum does not support two HH inputs.

I had a similar concern before. I know alot of the huge drum kits the very technical drummers use have multiple hihats and kicks. Kicks would be easy enough to deal with on Megadrum, but If there was a way to setup multiple hihat Pedal inputs, that would be very cool.
-[K]
jamalpiper

Postby Xmattz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:56 am

Yes, I m wondering if we couldn't just convert 2 aux to a HH with some work on the firmware... dimitri ? (it's chrismas soon ... :roll: )
Xmattz

Postby Ken Forgettable » Tue May 12, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm willing to swap 16 of my aux' inputs for just one hihat input - anyone interested?
jamalpiper wrote:If there was a way to setup multiple hihat Pedal inputs, that would be very cool.
Ken Forgettable

Postby gabriel1712 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:20 am

Ken Forgettable wrote:I'm willing to swap 16 of my aux' inputs for just one hihat input - anyone interested?
jamalpiper wrote:If there was a way to setup multiple hihat Pedal inputs, that would be very cool.

I'm not using dual hihats so excuse my ignorence, but is it really necessary to have two HH-controller. Would you actually play both pedals, at the same time or just need a mirror hat cymbal in a different location / two different sounding hihats in your set?

If you don't need two pedals, I'm thinking a 'simple' (atleast in principle =) ) solution would be an option in HHCtrl to name an AltHH (eg. one of the Aux's). That is to say two cymbals controlled by the same pedal. It would require a program switch to activate the hihat cymbal being struck, deactivating the other cymbal or atleast some measure to exclude splashs and other 'controller-spills' from both hihat at the same time.

The cabled 'mirror' hihat some fusion-drummers are placing next to the ride, so they don't have to make a righthand cross over going from eg. ride to hihat and the two totally different hihats setup would both be possible.

I really dunno how difficult it would be to program, but since HHcontrollers are unique, non-interchangable with other pads, it seems like a better solution, just to have one.
"the woods are lovely, dark and deep
but I have promises to keep
and miles to go before I sleep..."
gabriel1712

Postby Ken Forgettable » Wed May 13, 2009 11:31 am

gabriel1712 wrote:I really dunno how difficult it would be to program

Seems to me that 55 pad inputs is pretty extream. If there were some more variable controller inputs they could be put to lots of other uses.

You could have simple RC pot controllers for controlling virtual instruments, DMX lighting etc. :idea: I could have the bass pedal theramin I've yearned for all these years.
I'd be interested to hear what Dmitri has to say about this now you've brought it up :D
Ken Forgettable

Postby gabriel1712 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:54 am

Ken Forgettable wrote:
gabriel1712 wrote:I really dunno how difficult it would be to program

Seems to me that 55 pad inputs is pretty extream.

55?! You lost me.
Pedal is today tied to HiHat. I suggest pedal tied to Hihat and optional. Strike one -> close the other.

Ken Forgettable wrote:If there were some more variable controller inputs they could be put to lots of other uses.

You could have simple RC pot controllers for controlling virtual instruments, DMX lighting etc. :idea: I could have the bass pedal theramin I've yearned for all these years.

I see your point.
"the woods are lovely, dark and deep
but I have promises to keep
and miles to go before I sleep..."
gabriel1712

Postby jungleb » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:09 pm

Hi there, I've been searching for any previous experience with 2 hihat controllers and it seem that it's either a new terrain or the outcome of trying two hihat controllers are clear to everyone.

However, I just bought a full MD and I reckon if I can connect 2 hihat controllers to MD. I know that controllers usually need 5v to work and there is just one power line out of the board. It will be no problem to adapt this writing to get hand to 2 hihat working. As long as it doesn't damaged the product or anything. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you guys!
jungleb

Postby ibanman555 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:49 pm

There is only one HH controller input on MD so to have 2 connected and have independent control, I suppose you would need 2 separate MD interfaces.
ibanman555

Postby dmitri » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:36 pm

Only one HiHat controller per module.
dmitri
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off topic