Small demo video appetizer

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Small demo video appetizer

Postby Beamtreetaker » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:37 am

As my plan is to, one day, make an immersive demo video showing megadrum's capabilities, I today started dealing with the video recording and audio synchronisation stuff. As a result I have a small video that I uploaded for your entertainment. Please ignore playing mistakes an my uncombed hair ;)

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-7440395403111197501&hl=de

Dmitri, please don't put this on the start page - this was meant just to be a test recording for myself. ;)
Beamtreetaker

Re: Small demo video appetizer

Postby dmitri » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:50 pm

I'm eagerly awaiting for the version you will allow to post on the website!
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby elrules » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi Beamtreetaker! I want also to do a video showing megadrum capabilities but I am struggling with the way to record sound on the PC at the same time I play a sampler. I use ASIO4ALL drivers and I run the sampler (Toontrack superior 2) with Toontrack solo (a host). But when I open Cool Edit (audo editing tool) and start recording it says that the device is nor compatible or something like that. I want to record the PC sound as the ambient sound it's very noisy with me hitting the pads. What audio recording tool should I use in conjunction with asio4all kind of drivers?
elrules

Postby Beamtreetaker » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:27 pm

dmitri wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting for the version you will allow to post on the website!

Thanks! There's still some things that wait for completion before I will do the video, dual zone / choke, better hihat pedal work (will start a thread soon), ... But at least you can see there's some progress on my side. ;)
elrules wrote:Hi Beamtreetaker! I want also to do a video showing megadrum capabilities but I am struggling with the way to record sound on the PC at the same time I play a sampler. I use ASIO4ALL drivers and I run the sampler (Toontrack superior 2) with Toontrack solo (a host). But when I open Cool Edit (audo editing tool) and start recording it says that the device is nor compatible or something like that. I want to record the PC sound as the ambient sound it's very noisy with me hitting the pads. What audio recording tool should I use in conjunction with asio4all kind of drivers?

Hi. I also use ASIO4All because my old mainboard broke and I replaced it with one that has less pci slots, so that I cannot use my pci soundcard (SB Live, great value card ;) ) and have to use the internal one.
What application do you use to host the Superior Drummer 2.0 VSTi? I think the problem is that you are you using a sequencer application (e.g. cubase) for hosting your sampler. Then it is not/hardly possible to use another sound application (CoolEdit) for recording the sequencer's output as ASIO is an application exclusive driver technology.
I am using reaper (http://www.reaper.fm), a fantastic DAW program and quite cheap. But if you are using cubase, you will have to use its recording and rendering functions to get a .WAV/.MP3 file for the video .. OR .. you first record midi notes in cubase w/ ASIO enabled and later switch to Wave/WDM/Directx audio system and can use CoolEdit for recording cubase's playback (doesn't make much sense though).
Beamtreetaker

Postby japi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:09 am

Looks good, congratulations, keep us posted!
japi

Return to Off topic