Cheap membrane switches

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Cheap membrane switches

Postby ignotus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:06 am

Hi all,

I recently came across these, purely by chance:
switch.jpg

Here's the link
As far as I know, these things are extremely hard to come by, I've tried googling for them a million times and was never able to find any - I stumbled upon this link while looking for something else.
They are for 10" cymbals (couldn't find more sizes), but at 14 euros for 3 (including shipping - the more you buy the cheaper they are) I'm sure I'll be able to find a way to put them to good use - they'd make very handy choke switches, though my intention is to use them for bell and edge zones. They still haven't arrived yet but we'll see if they are any good; my only worry is that they'll fail after a short period of time, but it's not as if I'll lose a fortune trying... Will let you know how it works out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Re: Cheap membrane switches

Postby ibanman555 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:25 am

Hot damn!!! Good find! Perfect for DIY cymbals!
ibanman555

Re: Cheap membrane switches

Postby ignotus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 pm

ibanman555 wrote:Hot damn!!! Good find! Perfect for DIY cymbals!
Yup, DIYing the switches has probably been the biggest headache when trying to imitate commercial e-cymbals - if these are reliable it'll make 2/3-zone DIY cymbals + choke a breeze. Pity they don't come in more sizes, though at some point I may try to contact the seller and see if it's possible.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Return to Off topic