cymbals

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

cymbals

Postby airflamesred » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm

What are peoples recomendations on cymbals? Roland, Yamaha etc. The pintechs look nice but have a low rebound. Any others?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Re: cymbals

Postby ibanman555 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:38 pm

airflamesred wrote:What are peoples recomendations on cymbals? Roland, Yamaha etc. The pintechs look nice but have a low rebound. Any others?

There are Kit Toys, which aren't made anymore but a nice design, heavy duty. Also, Hart Dynamics makes a metal cymbal that looks quite nice as well and versatile. Alesis Surge metal cymbals, and rubber, and DDRUM make rubber cymbals like the rest. Field makes a metal cymbal in the USA, quite a lot to choose from, www.fieldcustomdrums.com. And Zildjian Gen16 cymbals, which aren't really 'electronic' cymbals but becoming fairly popular in that genre.

There are alot to choose from but all up to personal preference.
ibanman555

Postby airflamesred » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Those kit toys look great, and a fantastic price. Looking at posts elsewhere, I gather he's going to make a comeback? Thanks for the contribution

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby ibanman555 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:57 pm

airflamesred wrote:Those kit toys look great, and a fantastic price. Looking at posts elsewhere, I gather he's going to make a comeback? Thanks for the contribution

I have all Kit Toys, and I am quite happy with them. There has been alot of talk, and I actually spoke with the creator himself about a return. I can't be certain that they will be in stock again, but if so, maybe this spring. For the mean time, keep searching online for people selling used ones if you want them. Again, they are very hard to find. I am personally hoping he will be well enough to begin making them again.
ibanman555

Postby airflamesred » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 am

They are certainly the best looking ones I've seen so lets hope he recovers sufficiently.
I'm not going to entertain over £100 and really I think single zone would be better for my set up anyway. I'm not in any hurry and not using any cymbal samples atm - which makes for an interesting output!

airflamesred

Postby airflamesred » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:17 am

http://kit-toys.tripod.com/id48.html
There seems to be some updates, though no contact/ordering details.

airflamesred

Return to Off topic