megalame

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

megalame

Postby Jeffory » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:13 pm

i had high hopes for this site after i saw a post in the zendrum forums that featured a very nice custom built controller. unfortunately it is a dead end for my purposes. as far as the megadrum is concerned, proven professional devices exist that require no time consuming DIY frankenstein creation and cost much less if you figure in the labor and headache involved, easily below $200.00 US.

however there is a great market for controllers especially custom made.

no offense when i was a kid i liked building those radio shack/tandy kits too, just to see if i could.

good luck
Jeffory

Re: megalame

Postby elrules » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:02 am

I don't think Alesis trigger I/O (below $200) is better than megadrum. Or any other trigger-to-midi device.

Megadrum costs less than $100 if you plan it well. And it has double inputs than any other cheap midi interface (it has more inputs than the expensive roland td-20).

Maybe for making a zendrum style kit, it is better to buy a proven profesionally device, but for edrumming kits, this is far better than any other
elrules

Postby slayer666 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:22 am

elrules wrote:I don't think Alesis trigger I/O (below $200) is better than megadrum. Or any other trigger-to-midi device.

Megadrum costs less than $100 if you plan it well. And it has double inputs than any other cheap midi interface (it has more inputs than the expensive roland td-20).

Maybe for making a zendrum style kit, it is better to buy a proven profesionally device, but for edrumming kits, this is far better than any other

I agree with elrules!

Who besides Jeff-o-lame want their kit hanging from their neck?
slayer666

Postby Synthex » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 am

I agree with elrules and slayer666.

Megadrum costs less than $100 and it's the best value on the market !

And for making a zendrum style kit, Megadrum is very good !
Synthex

Return to Off topic