Ibanman555 ekit & MegaDrum

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Ibanman555 ekit & MegaDrum

Postby ibanman555 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Hey everyone,

I figured I would throw together a quick video of the almost completed MegaKit :D My brother was supposed to come by and play for me, since he is way better than I am, but alas, he failed me again... So I figured I would just futz around instead!

Coming together very nicely and really looking forward to using this exclusively for recording purposes for myself and others! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaH_2tsIRuc
ibanman555

Re: Ibanman555 ekit & MegaDrum

Postby angr77 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:40 pm

A very nice kit!!! The snare...me like!! Very good sound in SD2!!

This works!!

Best Regards

Anders
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby ibanman555 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:03 am

Thanks Anders! I'm very happy with how this all is turning out! MegaDrum ROCKS!! I love this thing! And special thanks to you for helping me get going!
ibanman555

Postby Bean » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:06 am

I love your setup, lot’s of tom’s and cymbal’s. sounds like you got everything configured really tight on performance!

- Bean
Bean

Postby ibanman555 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:31 am

Bean wrote:I love your setup, lot’s of tom’s and cymbal’s. sounds like you got everything configured really tight on performance!

- Bean

Thanks alot Bean! I'm a big fan of "Go Big Or Go Home!" hahaha! I am almost completely satisfied with all the settings, and I will be posting them for future members of Megadrum with similar pads and cymbals, should really help their setup process!

I ALSO WANT TO GIVE A BIG THANK YOU TO DMITRI, HUGE SUPPORT! YOU ARE TRULY APPRECIATED!
ibanman555

Postby ibanman555 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Hey Everyone, here is another video of the kit, a little more fine tuned, and almost complete....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk93N0HpR_Q
ibanman555

Postby airflamesred » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Looking good

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:41 pm

I have as of yesterday upgraded to the new ARM based Megadrum. I haven't hooked any thing up yet, but currently working on what might be an issue hooking up the harnesses to the new PCB board... my buttons were not acting appropriately. I did notice however, an issue I was having with Atmega 1284, was that I could not transfer 'hi hat pedal' information to and from Megadrum Manager. With the new ARM board, MDM is now sending and receiving that info as it should!
ibanman555

Postby ibanman555 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:45 am

Hey everyone,

So I could use a little input from those of you using the new ARM based MD and also with the Positional Sensing capabilities...

I am quite happy with how everything is going, I've managed to hook up my basic pads and cymbals at this point to get the interface working and to troubleshoot any problems I may have. I spoke with Dmitri about how my buttons (up, down, left, right) were not working correctly even though the harness for the buttons was attached correctly to the ARM board. I needed to use pins 2,3 and 4 on the buttons connector, and flipped the harness the opposite way for the buttons to work correctly. I don't know why, and curious if any of you had to do the same thing...

There were some ghosts in the system for a little bit, such as my far right lower meter going out intermittently each time I would restart MD. Also, random bouncing meters, but I will take care of that as I go, thinking RF interference or something... not a huge deal at this point.

I also got my Positional Sensing working pretty much right out of the box with Superior Drummer 2. I tried different settings as described in the configuration settings for MD, and could get obvious edge/center sounds from the snare.

Am I correct in thinking I can only use one drum with Positional sensing at a time? Right now it's the snare and I will keep it that way if need be, I just want to use it to it's fullest potential.

The next issue I found was that I cannot save my settings for PS in Megadrum. After I configured everything the way I wanted, I let the menu close out, and SaveConfig and SaveDrumMap in MD to 1, shut down and restarted, but the PS settings reverted back to default. All other settings remained. I do have AutoLoad Config set to 'yes'.

I also would like to note that all my previous Pad and Cymbal .syx files were useless with the new ARM board, everything needs to be re-programmed. Same for you?

So thanks for any thoughts on this stuff. I am so meticulous with this all, and hoping I don't have any problems with the hardware...
ibanman555

Postby dmitri » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 am

ibanman555 wrote:
Am I correct in thinking I can only use one drum with Positional sensing at a time? Right now it's the snare and I will keep it that way if need be, I just want to use it to it's fullest potential.

You could use all inputs with Positional sensing simultaneously as long as Superior Drummer (or any other VST) can correctly interpret a CC message as positional information for a note coming right after that CC message.

The next issue I found was that I cannot save my settings for PS in Megadrum. After I configured everything the way I wanted, I let the menu close out, and SaveConfig and SaveDrumMap in MD to 1, shut down and restarted, but the PS settings reverted back to default. All other settings remained. I do have AutoLoad Config set to 'yes'.

I will look into it.

I also would like to note that all my previous Pad and Cymbal .syx files were useless with the new ARM board, everything needs to be re-programmed. Same for you?

I would expect this. Besides, inputs with and without precision rectifiers (Positional sensing addon) will also need different settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off topic