Ibanman555 ekit & MegaDrum

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Re: Ibanman555 ekit & MegaDrum

Postby ibanman555 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:09 pm

dmitri wrote:
ibanman555 wrote:
Am I correct in thinking I can only use one drum with Positional sensing at a time? Right now it's the snare and I will keep it that way if need be, I just want to use it to it's fullest potential.

You could use all inputs with Positional sensing simultaneously as long as Superior Drummer (or any other VST) can correctly interpret a CC message as positional information for a note coming right after that CC message.

The next issue I found was that I cannot save my settings for PS in Megadrum. After I configured everything the way I wanted, I let the menu close out, and SaveConfig and SaveDrumMap in MD to 1, shut down and restarted, but the PS settings reverted back to default. All other settings remained. I do have AutoLoad Config set to 'yes'.

I will look into it.

I also would like to note that all my previous Pad and Cymbal .syx files were useless with the new ARM board, everything needs to be re-programmed. Same for you?

I would expect this. Besides, inputs with and without precision rectifiers (Positional sensing addon) will also need different settings.

Thanks for all this Dmitri!! I have found another bug that was causing my LCD screen to act unusual. The 'Latency' setting within MD is allowing me to adjust the setting down to '5'. This is causing random meters to bounce around, primarily the 'Kick' input. I adjusted the 'Latency' to '6' and all seems well. May or may not be something to be addressed!
ibanman555

Postby dmitri » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 pm

dmitri wrote:
The next issue I found was that I cannot save my settings for PS in Megadrum. After I configured everything the way I wanted, I let the menu close out, and SaveConfig and SaveDrumMap in MD to 1, shut down and restarted, but the PS settings reverted back to default. All other settings remained. I do have AutoLoad Config set to 'yes'.

I will look into it.

Just checked it and PS settings are saved and loaded just as all other settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby ibanman555 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:40 am

dmitri wrote:
dmitri wrote:

I will look into it.

Just checked it and PS settings are saved and loaded just as all other settings.

Ok, I will triple check all my settings. Thanks!
ibanman555

Postby ibanman555 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 pm

dmitri wrote:
dmitri wrote:

I will look into it.

Yeah, so I'm an idiot and didn't realize the settings for 'each' PS drum has their own Hi and Lo values. I get it now. :|
ibanman555

Postby angr77 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:02 am

Hi!

Hope everything is great! I am praticing some forum "silence"...promised my wife to have a MD free month...:-) No just kidding!!

I just updated my MD and tried the save/load of PS data before/after upgrading the firmware and it is working great!
I can see a small costmetic bug...when using Customnames on some pads in the list of configurable PS PADs (PositionalIn). This list seems to get completely wacko...

Kick OK
Hihat B
Hihat E
Type 4 (I am using a customname on the snare)
Type 5 (I am using a customname on the snare)
Tom1 6
Tom1 7
Tom2 8
"Rubbish" 9 (should have been Tom2)
"Rubbish" 10 (should have been Tom3)
"Rubbish" 11 (should have been Tom3)
Tom4 12
Tom4 13
"Rubbish" 14 (should have been Chinese1)
Chinese1 15
Crash1 16
Crash1 17
Crash2 18
Crash2 19
PrgChg 20 (Customname Dingbat)
Normal 21 (Customname Na)
CutOff 22 (Customname CY15R)
CutOff 23 (Customname CY15B)
Normal 24 (Customname Na)
CutOff 25 (Customname CY15R)
Aux5H 26
Aux5R 27

The ARM based MEGADRUM board is very fast leaving you with a very nice feeling when playing, plus that all old ghost issues disappered when reading and saving data from MDM to MD. Example: I had problems to read out hihat pedal data on my old ATMega board, if not using a external powered USB hub etc. Now there is no issues! Yes, It is fun doing rehearsals with MegaDRUM (A recording directly from our Mackie Ipad mixer)...https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xns1qc3ruvxy ... 130205.mp3

ANGR77
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby dmitri » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 am

angr77 wrote:I can see a small costmetic bug...when using Customnames on some pads in the list of configurable PS PADs (PositionalIn).

I will check this.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:14 pm

dmitri wrote:
angr77 wrote:I can see a small costmetic bug...when using Customnames on some pads in the list of configurable PS PADs (PositionalIn).

I will check this.

I fixed it in the latest firmware version.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby angr77 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Hats off for Europe's best drum forum and most dedicated person, Dmitri!
You spoil us! Get a firmware change in 6 hours!! Try something similar from the official vendors.

Looks good in the PS list!

Best Regards

Anders
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby ibanman555 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Not just Europe and the UK (which are two totally different things)... THE WORLD!!
ibanman555

Postby ibanman555 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm

angr77 wrote:I am praticing some forum "silence"...promised my wife to have a MD free month.

I was wondering where in the world you had gone to... :?:

My wife surely is not far behind...
ibanman555

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic