Everson MD REbuild

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Re: Everson MD REbuild

Postby angr77 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:18 am

Aha...I understand!

I have not been using the different #configs way of working. Mostly because of that MDM only stores settings into the non-violate memory...and where I then manually stores the actual settings on the MD device to #config 1. MD then autoloads # config 1...

So I would argu that the several configs way of working is rarely used...( but i would love to use it more)

But...changing it slightly...where you have a e.g. Performance and a draft mode...using # config slots 1 and 2, make it cristal clear in MDM which mode you are storing to...and also be able to see which mode is active together with some kind of timestamp for the config.

MDM needs also be able to store the two modes in one file...today it is only storing what you see and currently are working on.

Then you easily could toggle between the modes on the MD. (could be a check box in MDM)

Angr77
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby airflamesred » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:32 pm

So what are you doing in a live situation?
Not that I've got that far yet, but it seems to me to set MD to load config, a couple of clicks and your off.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby angr77 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Is that really a common task doing live...i am guessing changing sounds etc..but changing the whole config on stage, I really dont see the idea here. (but I could be wrong) :-)

Best regards

Anders
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby airflamesred » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Well not really the config, just the drum map. Once you have your config, as in the pads and cymbals set I see no reason to change that aspect. I guess I'm the odd one out here!

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby angr77 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:23 pm

The maps are another thing. I agree that could be a scenario. I wonder how this is working. The maps could be changed regardless of the actual config, but in MDM when saving different maps...i am guessing you need to save down a complete config including the maps.

Best Regards

Anders
angr77

Postby airflamesred » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Yes in MDM. I think in MD just move the pot to ' load drum map' and, between tunes, just load whichever you need. This is possible and quite quick

airflamesred

Postby everson » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 am

There could be a screen with currently loaded both map and config ...
My Videos
My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum
everson

Postby dmitri » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 pm

dmitri wrote:
everson wrote:Speaking of firmware ...
dmitri, is it possible to add a feature which enables you to see which config is currently loaded?

It may be useful indeed. I will add a screen which shows last loaded/saved config - it might be not a current config since it might have been modified via menu or via SysEx.

Just to keep you posted. I will add this feature once I have some time. I was so busy last month building modules and kits that I decided to buy a CNC machine to cut times when making back and front panels. The CNC machine also required some "getting familiar" time, including LinuxCNC, Inkscape, Gcode and etc.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby everson » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:21 am

Great news, dmitri!
Always love to hear some business progress! Although this is not your full-time job, maybe it will become so one day. The CNC is a step in that direction :)
My Videos
My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum
everson

Postby angr77 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:37 pm

Dmitri, really nice to hear about the business progress!

The MegaDRUM fills a gap between modules like midi-trigger devices like TMC-6/Alesis Trigger IO which are real old designs. Also compared to more advanced Rolls-Royce modules like TD30 (positional sensing...but lacks of loading own samples) and the extremely popular module within DIY-ers, the 2Box module...where you have possibility to load your own samples but on the other hand don't have features like PS and it needs its own hi-hat.

If also taking into the account the low latency...the MegaDrum ARM-based version outperforms all mentioned standard modules...if the computer is the selected hart for generating sounds!

I am feeling that the MegaDRUM fills an important gap...this is the missing link between the e-drums and the computer!!

So...it is really great to hear about some business progress!

Best Regards

Anders
angr77

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic