Everson MD REbuild

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Everson MD REbuild

Postby everson » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:02 pm

I got my MD from dmitri sometime in April/May ...
Now, since I just got the precision rectifier board, I decided to rebuild the MD. By this, I mean changing the casing. Actually, I decided to put the MD into the kick drum and also place the voltage dividers there - all 32 of them - a small forest :)
I`ll also put a mouse carrier there.

So, here`s how it looks currently:

My Videos
My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum
everson

Re: Everson MD REbuild

Postby airflamesred » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:55 pm

I've seen your kit everson - 6 drums, 3 cymbals, hi hat. Whats with the other inputs?
How do you access the unit in the bass drum?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby everson » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 pm

I`ll be adding more cymbals, that`s for sure.
Waiting for some cymbals from triggera. They`ll send me their china cymbal prototype soon. Then a splash (or two).
I`ll probably buy another crash and DIY a cowbell.
And that will make all my MD inputs full.
My Videos
My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum
everson

Postby everson » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Sorry, didn`t see this:

airflamesred wrote:How do you access the unit in the bass drum?

Pretty easy. Don`t have the snare stand and that makes things even easier.
The MD was there, in the kick drum, before this. I just decided to make the whole area nicer by doing this. And also to fix the MD, so it doesn`t move when I play with buttons.
My Videos
everson

Postby everson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 am

Here`s the progress so far ...

My Videos
everson

Postby airflamesred » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:27 pm

looks good mate. How are the krigg cymbals? There's not much info on their site

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby everson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 pm

It`s Triggera cymbals. Krigg is their kick pedal trigger.

Well, I`m in contact with them as they wanted me to test their ride cymbal on the MD. But then they decided to first release the china and the splashes. And the ride - later (spring 2013, I guess).
I really think they should be great. Rubber and steel. IMHO, perfect combo for electronic cymbals. I used to use DIY A2E cymbals with rubber silencers on top. They triggered great, swelled great, but the problem was silencers, their movements, and I hated that "patched" look ...
My Videos
everson

Postby angr77 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 pm

The Triggera cymbals seems to be nice. I was checking their site...not much info up there yet...especially when you can't wait to place an order...:-)

Nice layout on the bassdrum!! I am guessing your are reinventing how future electronic bassdrums will look like.

Anders
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby everson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Well, they announced the china cymbal for December. Don`t know if you saw that ...

As for the kick drum, I`m not the first one, they guy from Drumagination presented a similar idea before me. Although, I`ve never saw something like this when I got the idea ...
It`s pretty convenient if you don`t have to touch the module too often. If you do, then it has to be somewhere nearer, like on the rack. I mean I can easily play with buttons, see the display, ... because it somewhere between the snare and the tom. But if I`d have to push the buttons very often - I wouldn`t put it there.
Anyway, fits my needs perfectly.
My Videos
everson

Postby everson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:22 am

Everything is connected.

Next step: mounting and testing.
My Videos
everson

Next

Return to Off topic