airflamesred megadrum adventure

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Re: airflamesred megadrum adventure

Postby airflamesred » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:52 am

The 2U version I started with ran out of room for any more jacks, so started again. Thanks to angr77 for the inspiration on the stickers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby angr77 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Very Nice!!!

Best Regards

Angr77
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby airflamesred » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks Anders
Ordered 6 triggera (4 D11 and 2 china) and just finishing off a pc for Kontakt etc. Tascam US 1800 for the audio.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby airflamesred » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:44 pm

Re-surfaced the koby's just to break up the black monotony.
Mapex triple boom for the triggeras.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

airflamesred

Postby airflamesred » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:52 pm

I7 4770, 32gigs of ram, windows 8.1pro. Audio through a Tascam US 1800, Rokit RP6 speakers

Kontakt
Spitfire audio - albion 1, albion 2, redux percussion
Sonicouture - grand marimba
Alive underground drums
Cubase 7

airflamesred

Postby ignotus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm going to start an online petition to request a video of this amazing kit in action ;)

Truly one of a kind!
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby airflamesred » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:10 pm

It's not far away, Ignotus. I don't think I can film with much quality where it is.

airflamesred

Postby airflamesred » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:08 pm

I started with a Simmons SDS7 in about 1987, the ability to trigger something other than drums intrigued me. Like many of us, I got married/ child, and stopped playing.
I always enjoyed the physicality of drums so decided to start again. Looked at every angle - technique (that wasn't around in the 1970s) sticks, pedals, pads etc and, more importantly, how to get to play what I had in mind.
The practicalities of that are written in this thread.

I think I'm still on the same journey, I started when I was about 11, of trying to make my point through my instrument. I'm not fully sure where I am going with this but what I have done is made sure I have enough tools for my journey, and I can see this is going to keep me entertained for a good while.

airflamesred

Postby angr77 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:49 pm

Good thoughts and a real nice story! The Journey is the reward!

Keep up the good work!

Anders
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby airflamesred » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:36 am

Just a quick update for those that are still interested. I do have a piece of music I'm currently practicing, so a video shouldn't be far away.

With regards to the cymbals, it occurred to me that the complexity of sound available and the potential with stacking that this could be applied to the triggeras.
I have brought this up before, but have now wired each triggera (single zone) to 2 inputs on MD. So with clever use of velocity curves 2 sound can be stacked, interweaved or melted together.
I have now used 54 of the inputs available on MD

airflamesred

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic