My MegaDrum Project, adapting my DIY acoustic set into Edrum

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

My MegaDrum Project, adapting my DIY acoustic set into Edrum

Postby Bean » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Happy New Year fellow MegaDrum users :D

I am working on an ambitious project to make a "DIY Hybrid Acoustic Electric Drum Kit" and I have now reached that point where my acoustic part of the project is ready to have the "56 inputs MegaDrum kit" I got from Dmitri integrated into my setup. Many of you have influenced and contributed to my efforts through your post here on the various MegaDrum Forums. As I built my acoustic prototype the integration of the MegaDrum was always my primary goal, thus the information contributed in the MegaDrum Forums has provided me with valuable information allowing me to foresee and overcome issues without ever experiencing the actual changeling. I wish to express thank you to every user that ever spent the time to post on the forums and contribute to Dmitri’s project. I also wish to extend extra thanks to Dmitri for sharing the MegaDrum project freely with the world.

I like to invite everyone here to view my facebook page for my project. In the days to come I will convert my set into a e-drum set and in the process of this conversion the MegaDrum project will become a center-point on my facebook page. My goal is to build something I wanted that did not previously exist: I made the page as public domain so others have an opportunity benefit from my ideas and hopefully become inspired to build themselves a setup that they never believed possible. I will be pointing people on my site to the sources I used to make my project.

You need not be a facebook user to view this page. If you are a facebook user then please "LIKE" my page on facebook and encourage other users of my page to join the MegaDrum Forum by telling them how well the MegaDrum works.

My page is called "Æ.drums" and the address is http://facebook.com/AE.drums

Hope you visit my project page from time to time & find my some of information in the days to come to be useful in your DIY projects.

Best Regards & Happy New Year,
- Bean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bean

Re: My MegaDrum Project, adapting my DIY acoustic set into E

Postby jman 31 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Hey Bean,

I am sure that people here would like to see your build pic's if you haven't already posted them elsewhere on the forum! I know I enjoyed them immensely!

Jeremy
jman 31

Re: My MegaDrum Project, adapting my DIY acoustic set into E

Postby Bean » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:53 pm

jman 31 wrote:I am sure that people here would like to see your build pic's if you haven't already posted them elsewhere on the forum! I know I enjoyed them immensely!

Hey Jeremy!

I have not yet posted other pics of my setup here on the MegaDrum forum, once I begin to install the piezo’s into my drums and I have them connected to the MegaDrum I will start posting some build pic's in this thread. My goal is to pipe people over here from my page that desires a versatile e-drum setup so they are aware that a better piezo/midi trigger mechanism option if out there. The most of products sold in the store for "trigger to midi" is such a disappointment to acoustic users.

I am very anxious to put my Superior Drummer setup into use & the MegaDrum is the mechanism that will permit my mechanical arrangement to access all of the versatility of the Superior Drummers sounds.

- Bean
Bean

Return to Off topic