Desperate for help : Windows 7 Vs M-Audio Firewire 410

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Desperate for help : Windows 7 Vs M-Audio Firewire 410

Postby kimouette » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi guys,

Please believe me when I say that I am completely out of resourses! I didn't want to post my question here, but I have to... just in case there's one PC/Audio/Firewire/Windows 7 pro arround!

I have already posted a detailed explanation of my current problem on the m-Audio forum, but only one guy will answer me and I'm not sure this is going anywhere.

I wanna play with my Megadrum but my damn "M-Audio Firewire 410" wont install its drivers correctly.

Before I definately hate the M-Audio team for giving us such crapy drivers (unfortunately it seems I'm not the only one in this situation) I wanted to see if maybe someone here would have the patience to read my thread and maybe put me on a trail!

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.ph ... eaa19d2ca3
kimouette

Re: Desperate for help : Windows 7 Vs M-Audio Firewire 410

Postby jman 31 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Did you try the Windows Vista drivers?
jman 31

Postby kimouette » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:37 am

jman 31 wrote:Did you try the Windows Vista drivers?
Yes I did. I've tried ALL of them. I even tried the installation with the original CD (I think it was meant for Windows 2000)

I've been struggling for over a week now with these stupid drivers. My computer was such a mess I had to reformat it (for the 3rd time this week!).
This morning at 01:30am I decided it was enough and ordered a Firewire expresscard that meets every single requirement specified in the manual. If that doesn't work ...... Oh I better not think of that

Thanks anyway for your help Jman!
8-)
kimouette

Postby rockdude » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 am

kimouette wrote:
jman 31 wrote:Did you try the Windows Vista drivers?
Yes I did. I've tried ALL of them. I even tried the installation with the original CD (I think it was meant for Windows 2000)

I've been struggling for over a week now with these stupid drivers. My computer was such a mess I had to reformat it (for the 3rd time this week!).
This morning at 01:30am I decided it was enough and ordered a Firewire expresscard that meets every single requirement specified in the manual. If that doesn't work ...... Oh I better not think of that

Thanks anyway for your help Jman!
8-)

Those firewire devices are often really sensitive regarding firewire chipsets. I've got a Firebox and it's the same story there, but I was lucky that my card worked. I hope you get everything sorted out soon. It's a pain when hardware hinders creativity.
rockdude

Postby jd2010 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:10 am

m-audio is terrible about making drivers that work...

I had one of the fancy integrated sound cards but said to hell with it, sold it, and bought a firebox to use externally.

Best of luck, but m-audio tech staff is pretty garbage.
jd2010

Return to Off topic