FAQ on connecting drums to MegaDrum?

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Re: FAQ on connecting drums to MegaDrum?

Postby Firelord » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:31 pm

dmitri wrote:I propose dokuwiki

http://www.dokuwiki.org
Why not MediaWiki?
Firelord

Postby rockdude » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:47 am

I like the idea of a wiki too.
Here's SiteGrounds comparison/description of the 3 best free wikis. MediaWiki is the one used for Wikipedia and seems to be the most powerful of the three. It doesn't matter to me which one we choose to use. The most important thing is that we're using and creating a wiki for MegaDrum and that it's easy to use and handle text and media within it.

Free and reliable hosting. Any suggestions for that?
rockdude

Postby rockdude » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:53 am

ile wrote:I actually started doing that already... reserved a domain edrumswiki.org and was going to host it somewhere.

Edit: not yet sure where to host.

megadrumwiki would be the most suiting domainname to me, but maybe that wasn't available? Nice initiative anyways!
rockdude

Postby ile » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:07 am

rockdude wrote:megadrumwiki would be the most suiting domainname to me, but maybe that wasn't available? Nice initiative anyways!

Well - I figured that if it would be a MegaDrum wiki, it would be under this domain. Since it seemed that it's not going to be under this domain (Dmitri said basically no, that's how I interpreted it), I figured a wiki tied solely to MegaDrum wouldn't make sense anymore.

So, if it's going to be under a separate domain, why tie it only to MegaDrum? Of course it can have MegaDrum relevant stuff too - one just have to figure out how to represent it so that it's easy to find for MegaDrummers. I'm pretty sure it's possible (i.e. a category for MegaDrum which will have all the articles that are relevant to MD).

A general wiki might also be needed at some point, so why not make it now...
ile

Postby Firelord » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:46 am

ile wrote:Edit: not yet sure where to host.
I thought you already had a hosting.

rockdude wrote:Free and reliable hosting. Any suggestions for that?
No such thing, unfortunately. The words 'free' and 'reliable' just don't go together.

ile wrote:Of course it can have MegaDrum relevant stuff too
With that kind of attitude this topic does no longer belong to the MegaDrum Hardware thread.
Firelord

Postby ile » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Firelord wrote:With that kind of attitude this topic does no longer belong to the MegaDrum Hardware thread.

Attitude? I don't have any attitude. I'm just making conclusions. I get a feeling that you have an attitude.

MegaDrum wiki at megadrum.info would make a lot of sense, I haven't changed that opinion. That's my attitude. That's my original proposal for god's sakes.

If it's not possible, that same info can be somewhere else, it's still probably relevant to MegaDrummers.

Something wrong with that?
ile

Postby Firelord » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:10 pm

ile wrote:Something wrong with that?
No. I just think that the focus should not drift away from MegaDrum given that this is the official forum of the project.
Firelord

Postby dmitri » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Just make it clear and straightforward.
1. I will install one of the suggested wiki software on this server within a couple of weeks.
2. I will give editing rights to this wiki server to all who can (and is willing to) contribute to MegaDrum wiki.

P.S. No need for heated discussions. I'm probably the one to blame for that since I haven't yet found time to install wiki although I have been asked about it several times.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby ile » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:28 pm

OK thank you. Maybe I could have been more clear about my intentions, it was a wiki @ megadrum.info from the start, and I can help with any technicalities if needed...

I could have said that idea more clearly, maybe my intentions were a bit unclear...

Most of all, I just want to build my drums, and have the instructions for it :)

(maybe I will go forward with the other idea too but that's unrelated now as we get a wiki here)

Sorry about any heated discussion... I tend to get to those, I know. :)
ile

Postby Firelord » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:32 pm

dmitri wrote:1. I will install one of the suggested wiki software on this server within a couple of weeks.
2. I will give editing rights to this wiki server to all who can (and is willing to) contribute to MegaDrum wiki.

Awesome. I'm looking forward to that.
Firelord

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic