FAQ on connecting drums to MegaDrum?

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

Re: FAQ on connecting drums to MegaDrum?

Postby pfhor » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:41 pm

The Megadrum project really is screaming out for a wiki, there's a whole load of both generic and specific information in the forums that should be extracted and organized in one. But that's where we the users gotta step up and put in a little effort. I registered megadrum.net and .org not too long ago mainly to keep them from domain squatters but also to set up a wiki on a subdomain of one of them. When I notified dmitri of this he said he could install wiki software on megadrum.info but as is way too typical I got caught up in other things and never followed up. So remember to put in the effort once it goes up, it's a lot easier to add to the articles once the groundwork is laid. And it's way too easy to wait for other people to do it. I speak from massive experience ;)
pfhor

Postby dmitri » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 am

I've installed MediaWiki in http://www.megadrum.info/wiki/
It's empty right now, I have no idea what I can do with it and I don't even know where to start.
If you are interested in creating/editing MegaDrum wiki articles, please PM me so that I could create an account for you on the wiki server.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby rockdude » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:36 am

dmitri wrote:I've installed MediaWiki in http://www.megadrum.info/wiki/
It's empty right now, I have no idea what I can do with it and I don't even know where to start.
If you are interested in creating/editing MegaDrum wiki articles, please PM me so that I could create an account for you on the wiki server.

Great news! Good choice too :ugeek:
rockdude

Postby ile » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Thank you.

About user logins, this could make things easier maybe? http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension ... ntegration ... Is this phpbb3 though? There may be something that works for phpbb2 too, and I think I saw some single sign on plugins too.

(I understand that this can be a lot of work but I can do it too if needed)

Just a suggestion.
ile

Postby ile » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:59 am

About the earlier heated discussion:

A little provocation often gets the things done more easily and gets the truth out/increases conversation which is a good thing after all.

I admit though that I got a bit too heated too, shouldn't have done that since I was doing the provoking in the first place. That got a bit out of hand. But oh well, to live and learn...
ile

Postby Firelord » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:45 pm

ile wrote:About the earlier heated discussion:

A little provocation often gets the things done more easily and gets the truth out/increases conversation which is a good thing after all.

I admit though that I got a bit too heated too, shouldn't have done that since I was doing the provoking in the first place. That got a bit out of hand. But oh well, to live and learn...

Never mind that. I guess I wasn't too polite either. This sometimes happens.
Firelord

Previous

Return to Off topic