mega drum to synth module

Anything at least distantly related to MegaDrum

mega drum to synth module

Postby beatzbounce321 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:51 pm

I bought a dave instruments mopho. It is a midi-analog synth module without a keyboard. It works fine with my axiom controller. However, I am having trouble hooking it up to my mega drum. The mohpo only has midi cable ins and outs and the mega drum is only usb correct? Since this is the case, how do I hook up mega drum to the mopho? I am told I need a midi patch bay but when i went to the store the guy told me i needed to route my midi out through my sound-card and into a mixer and then route the mixer to the mopho. I am so confused on what to do here!

any help?
michael
beatzbounce321

Re: mega drum to synth module

Postby jman 31 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:55 pm

beatzbounce321 wrote:I bought a dave instruments mopho. It is a midi-analog synth module without a keyboard. It works fine with my axiom controller. However, I am having trouble hooking it up to my mega drum. The mohpo only has midi cable ins and outs and the mega drum is only usb correct? Since this is the case, how do I hook up mega drum to the mopho? I am told I need a midi patch bay but when i went to the store the guy told me i needed to route my midi out through my sound-card and into a mixer and then route the mixer to the mopho. I am so confused on what to do here!

any help?
michael

Not true at all. the megadrum has midi-in, midi-out and usb so the connection should not be a problem at all. If you haven't wired it up for midi in/out (i.e. a midi jack) then that is a different story, but it still should be doable with any of the megadrum versions AFAIK. Did you build you MD or did you buy it? What version are you using?
jman 31

Re: mega drum to synth module

Postby beatzbounce321 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 pm

Oh ok thats great ur probably right. I just need to look at the back of mine again. I had it built for me so it shud be good.
thanks
beatzbounce321

Return to Off topic