Post your successful trigger settings

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Post your successful trigger settings

Postby Ken Forgettable » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:01 pm

elrules wrote:I was waiting till I had several settings so that feature is worth it.

Same with Succ-U-Buss :lol:
Ken Forgettable

Postby cortinerocañero » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am

Hello, I need help, please I'm desperate.
The fact is that I can not set up well and I have some doubts megadrum:

There are dishes that sound too strong even with the gain to zero had thought put them a potentiometer or resistance but not as ....

Sometimes it hits me I've lost 100,000 parameters and nothing changed ....

I changed the ez drummer because it's "easy" but I like

I also wanted to know if I can save several different parameters for example for the ez drummer and superior.

Well for now I have abused enough
A greeting
cortinerocañero

Postby mightygorgon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:56 pm

I think after a few days of trial I got VH11 to respond almost right. Here's my config for VH11, no voltage dividers are used. MIDI settings are configured for BFD2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mightygorgon

Postby r0bbie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi Mightygordon,

I think I know why it's "almost" right, you are using the same note "A#2 (46)" for open, half open and for closed.

Tweak a little more and I'm shure it will be perfect ;)

Good luck

Rob
If it ain't broken try to improve it.
r0bbie

Postby mightygorgon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 pm

Hello there,
The reason I do not need/want those notes to differ is because BFD2 takes care of it when you feed CC4 along with the note. I only need to feed 2 different notes for top and side triggering. It's much more easier to define further limits in BFD2 GUI IMHO.

Best Regards...
mightygorgon

Postby Towser » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:35 am

Just one thing : Is there a better place anywhere in the Internet I am missing where there are MORE user settings for the MegaDrums? (aside from the official site material & faq that explains every parameter, which I read every bit of BTW.)

If there is I would like to know if anyone can point me to it.

If there isn't, why couldn't this forum thread be made into a Sticky, making more people notice it, maybe encourage more people to post their settings and eventually find the better ones by "natural selection" of being able to try them out one by one for each identical pad?

I just find MegaDrums to be awesome, and the idea behind it of sharing such a beautiful tool is awesome too. Going in that direction I find it odd that (by percentage) people tend to keep their settings for themselves... I read a lot of people have some MD on VDrums but they don't seem to come back here and share settings to keep in the sharing mentality of this great job by Dmitri and others. However a few do and let me thank them right here and now.

I still didn't have time to mess enough with my PDx8 to post satisfying results and since have been feeding a TD-3 via MIDI for the extra cymbals & toms which are rubber PD8 and already well mapped by others... Only new piece I could post settings for I got is a PDx8 right now and I will as soon as I'm finally satisfyied with it...

As a complement to a TD3, I didn't tweak much into the MegaDrums and did most of it in Superior Drummer 2, which is easier because of the GUI, but not ideal since it cannot completely squash out bad settings since they are bad at the source of the MIDI. It can however fool my drummer buddy into thinking he plays the greatest kit of his life... and he wants a MegaDrums too now obviously since I mentioned the cost...

I just find this to have incredible potential as an alternative to the best drum modules on the market for a tenth of the cost. Dmitri could have went and patented it, making us buy the plans or even a outrageously-priced module. He decided to give it.

All we need is take care of some support ourselves as best we can. Dmitri cannot always take care of every single setting issue personally, it's amazing he takes time to do so regularly already...

In order to let Dmitri have some rest with the settings annoyances, I wish we would all vow to help him out find the best settings for every pad ever made as soon as our MegaDrums is complete or has arrived in the mail ^^. Maybe even have to check a box when you join the MegaDrums forums LOL

We should all at least each post a couple of settings if/when we got especially good. Just to add some more reference material to the FAQ material and concentrate information, instead of having it spread over thousands of separate threads in the forums... Or are we alone with setting troubles? I suspect people do not come back to share not because they are evil :P I just think when they get good results they are so ecstatic that they never even remember how long they ever fiddled to get there... I'll say that Kurtus and the other guys in this thread are pretty cool because they are the guys who do come back from time to time even after they got it rolling fine with their gear...which is a conscious sacrifice knowing you could be drumming a damn near perfect megadrums...

Maybe a Sticky could help, just saying... Of course as I said if there are better settings than these Google spreadsheets and these last 5 pages, please direct me to them... Thank you every one for your input and thank you Dmitri again, you fukken rock.
Towser

Postby jman 31 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:29 am

I second the sticky idea!
jman 31

Postby dschrammie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Now how on earth did I go so long without finding this thread?!

I've been experimenting with settings for the past month or so, but haven't been able to touch it in a while. Now I'm getting a little more time available to get back into setting up my little drum room and connecting the set. As soon as I get it all set up and connected I'll get my settings posted as well...though I still have a LOT of tweaking to do because I've only just started to get some understanding of what the settings are all doing.
dschrammie

Postby Towser » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 pm

^
l
I'll take that as another vote for any kind of improvement to the visibility of this thread :P
Towser

Postby Thurston » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:15 am

Bump and another request to make it a sticky!
Thurston

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software