Post your successful trigger settings

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Post your successful trigger settings

Postby dmitri » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:17 am

gabriel1712 wrote:Great comments Dmitri!

I'll give it a good run tonight

I may have been unclear explaining this:
dmitri wrote:
gabriel1712 wrote:Hihat: Ok
+ Great dynamics, very responsive
- Soft edge stroke trigger many bow notes

First try raising DynLvl. Then try to raise DynTime.
If you're not able to get rid of false triggering, set AltFalseTrSupp to Yes, Rettriger to 8-10, DynLvl to 3 and DynTime to 32. Try raising DynTime first and then DynLvl.

The challenge is not retriggering, but many (almost all) light edge strokes is producing bow notes instead of edge notes. A challenge to get the right threshold balance between edge and bow, I guess.

Still great to learn the best trial order for tackling retriggering.

If the edge stroke are so soft that they don't force the edge switch to make, there is no way for MegaDrum to register it as an edge signal.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby jd2010 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:21 am

Thanks for this capability! I just got my megadrum, and have a roland set I am trying to hook it up to. Once I build my new computer and get all my VST's loaded up Ill start filling in my spreadsheet.
jd2010

Postby shadyru » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:14 am

Can anyone post settings? Especially for hi hat. Anyone here have a Vh-12 from roland?
shadyru

Postby elrules » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:11 am

Damn it!, sorry again but I moved to Amsterdam (again), and I don't have my full kit. I only have now:
Roland VH-11 hihat
DIY mesh snare 12''
DIY mesh tom 10''
DIY kd-8 styled kick
DIY 2-zone (piezo/switch) crash

My new megadrum is still work in progress. The only thing left is soldering the jacks to an IDE cable. Hope for next week I can start tweaking and playing
elrules

Postby Towser » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 am

I just got a MegaDrums.
This thread seems like one of the most important ones after one successfully built the MD.
I wonder why so few people posted their settings since MD is working so good, I'm sure I'm not the only one fiddling around to get good settings...

I'm trying to get a Roland PDX8 set right, anyone already got theirs working great and would like to share settings?

Would be much appreciated, or any other pad for that matter. Need to keep this thread going :)
Towser

Postby EURO » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:52 am

elrules - I'd be interested in your VH11 settings.

I've just got a unit from Dmitri and bought a kit comprising two PD125s, a PD105, a KD12, a VH11 and two Yamaha PCY 155 and a PCY135

Having fiddled a bit last night for a couple of hours, I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to get acceptable settings for use with Superior 2.0

Any help or settings examples much appreciated. once I get it sorted, I'd love to share the numbers with everyone.
EURO

Postby Towser » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:57 am

I really wish people with good settings would come back and share them... It seems like nobody cares to come back once they got it setup right....
Towser

Postby kurtus420 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 pm

+1 here, I'm finding it a little challenging myself to get good triggering. It would be nice to see people with great settings give back to megadrum and help the rest of the community. :mrgreen:
PS-Towser, hows the kickbox working? sold the other one today to a new member on vdrums out of Australia. ;)
Towser wrote:I really wish people with good settings would come back and share them... It seems like nobody cares to come back once they got it setup right....
56 input Megadrum644, Tama Iron Cobra, Taye, Sonor, Roland, Yamaha, Gibraltar, Tascam.
kurtus420

Postby Towser » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 pm

I can't find anything bad about your KB kurtus, construction is top notch, response is as good as the KD8 alone on the MD, and thats with around 2-3 hours a day of playing for what, a couple of weeks now?

--->100% Satisfied customer here <---

/thread hijack over/

Of course once you all have it working as you like, there's no point in coming back here EXCEPT to CONTRIBUTE to the great idea that was thrown a while ago and add up to the "settings bank"...

Now come on all of you with good settings for dual-triggers, we can understand it's a heck of a lot more fun to play with the MD than to post in forums, but help us out here :P

This great piece of equipment we have thanks to Dmitri just need some kind of "manual" for settings (like it was started a while ago but never completed) so we can all recommend it to every drummer we meet still stuck with a Roland TD...
Towser

Postby EURO » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:57 am

Duplicate post.
Last edited by EURO on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
EURO

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software