View-O-matic

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

View-O-matic

Postby Ken Forgettable » Thu May 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Anyone fancy trying to illustrate the configuration settings?

Here are PNG templates:
With waveform
Template.png

and without waveform
TemplateBlank.png

Keep the central dotted horizontal line as your reference.

Level Shift
LevelShift.png

Threshold.
Threshold.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken Forgettable

Re: View-O-matic

Postby Ken Forgettable » Thu May 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Gain
Gain.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ken Forgettable

Postby gastric » Thu May 07, 2009 5:47 pm

Did you arbitrarily draw those waveforms? Or are that actual data from one of your triggers? The only reason I ask is I think it would be extremely helpful if we could come up with some physical process for obtaining raw piezo output for analysis. I'd think it woiuld be much easier to deal with touchy feely data than some vague and arbitrary values leveraged against a completely unknown quantity.

What I mean is if we can generate waves to look at it should be extremely helpful overall. We could increase/decrease piezo distance to the head. Check waves. Dampen head. Check waves. Try different foam cones. Check waves. Review waves to help shape how the module should be handling them for processing. And on and on and on.

I'd be extremely interested to know if MD could provide the raw data itself, even if just a small slice of it. Obviously the raw signal is in there somewhere.
gastric

Postby Ken Forgettable » Thu May 07, 2009 11:04 pm

gastric wrote:Did you arbitrarily draw those waveforms?
Obviously you will understand I have never looked at Dmitris, but I have it on good authority that everyone is different, so yes!
gastric wrote:come up with some physical process for obtaining raw piezo output for analysis.
You might like to xoscope - somewhere in this thread.
gastric wrote:I'd be extremely interested to know if MD could provide the raw data itself
As far as I know the waveform is sampled in tiny quanta, analyzed then discarded.
Only very important bits are intercepted via satalite by the state dept'.

In the UK Mr Blunket is over the hill - but he's still in danger of being xoscope'd :evil:
Ken Forgettable

Return to Related Software