Running on Arch

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Running on Arch

Postby Sharkuel » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:21 pm

Hello people,

So I am a Linux user, I run ArcoLinux and for the life of me I can't run the MegaDrumManagerFX.jar file.

I checked both the threads viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4396 and viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4760 but didn't manage to find a solution.

Well, in both threads they are Ubuntu-related posts, and since I am on an Arch-based system, I believe that's where it may have some distinct steps from a Debian-based distro.

So, whenever I try to run the java -jar command, I get this result:

sharkuel@Arco-Desktop /home/sharkuel java -jar MegaDrumManagerFX.jar
Error: JavaFX runtime components are missing, and are required to run this application

Well I tried a LOT of Java Options like OpenJDK (9, 11, 19 etc), JRE, Terumin, etc, and I can't open it, simply put.

I can open other .jar files, this one for whatever reason doesn't work. I checked the online article to try and make sense of this, but no results: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Java#OpenJDK

Also, on those threads, I saw the option to run java --module-path /usr/share/openjfx/lib --add-modules javafx.controls,javafx.web -jar MegaDrumManagerFX.jar, and for me this is what it shows up:

java --module-path /usr/share/openjfx/lib --add-modules javafx.controls,javafx.web -jar MegaDrumManagerFX.jar
Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
java.lang.module.FindException: Module javafx.web not found

I have the MegaDrumManagerFX.jar saved on the /home directory.

If anyone who uses Arch managed to make it work, please do let me know. I am not eager to hop to a Debian-based distro just because of this.

Thank you for the help.
Sharkuel

Re: Running on Arch

Postby Sharkuel » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:20 pm

Just to post an update: I managed to have it working!!!

What I did: I installed liberica-jdk-full, set it up with # archlinux-java set liberica-jdk-full and voilá!!!

:P :P :P :P

Boy am I happy!!! I spent the last 48 hours trying to figure this out, and I have managed to finally have it running.

Hope anyone who is facing the same experience in an arch-based distro that this fixes it.
Sharkuel

Return to Related Software