MDMFX & MD registering 3 Identical 'notes' per 'hit'

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

MDMFX & MD registering 3 Identical 'notes' per 'hit'

Postby peeej1978 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:20 pm

Hi guys,

New here - any help appreciated. Just setting up my brand new MD32 input. Its been a steep learning curve, but finally getting somewhere I believe. However, I have noticed an odd observation, which might be perfectly normal, but I suspect not. When I hit ANY trigger (pad, cymbal, kick), both the MD and the MDMFX registers three IDENTICAL note on and not off sets of data for the single 'hit'. It doesn't result in any obvious double 'hit/triggering' of my VST. Just wondering if this is normal as I don't see this anomaly on other peoples posts. Screenshot below.

Many thanks in anticipation of some help.

Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peeej1978

Re: MDMFX & MD registering 3 Identical 'notes' per 'hit'

Postby dmitri » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Are you seeing this triple notes with default settings? (Powering up MagaDrum while button RIGHT is pressed will start with default settings?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby peeej1978 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:09 pm

dmitri wrote:Are you seeing this triple notes with default settings? (Powering up MagaDrum while button RIGHT is pressed will start with default settings?

Interestingly, I've just powered up while keeping the right button pressed. Loaded up my config from MDMFX to MD, and it's no longer registering the triple hit. Any ideas?

Also, how do I get MD to automatically load up my saved configuration? Do I just assign it to Slot 1?
peeej1978

Postby ibanman555 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:25 pm

If you save your config to slot 1, it should power up from slot 1. From MD, SET AutoLoad Config to yes.When set to Yes, MegaDrum will automatically load last saved/loaded config and drum map upon powering up. You can by pass auto loading config even if you set it to Yes by hold the key RIGHT while switching MegaDrum on. It will then load default settings.
This is a Global setting so when you change this setting between Yes and No the setting is only saved in no-volatile (EEPROM) memory when you exit the Menu. So, as a consequence, if you change it and switch MegaDrum off straight away to test it without exiting the Menu, it will revert to a previous state before the change.
ibanman555

Postby peeej1978 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:34 pm

ibanman555 wrote:If you save your config to slot 1, it should power up from slot 1. From MD, SET AutoLoad Config to yes.When set to Yes, MegaDrum will automatically load last saved/loaded config and drum map upon powering up. You can by pass auto loading config even if you set it to Yes by hold the key RIGHT while switching MegaDrum on. It will then load default settings.
This is a Global setting so when you change this setting between Yes and No the setting is only saved in no-volatile (EEPROM) memory when you exit the Menu. So, as a consequence, if you change it and switch MegaDrum off straight away to test it without exiting the Menu, it will revert to a previous state before the change.

All sorted. Thanks
peeej1978

Return to Related Software