Cant start Megadrum / Firmware update not working

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Cant start Megadrum / Firmware update not working

Postby paulsk_de » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:21 pm

Dear all,

I hope my topic finds all of your safe and well!
My son recently bought a drum set and with it a 40 inputs MegaDrum trigger. Unfortunately it is not starting but whenever I turn it on the screen turns on but not showing anything. When I hit the key left when turning on I access the FW Updater but I can only send SysEx now and fail to update even when using the updater.
I am not so much of a real IT guy and dont find a way to get it running which is why I would like to seek your help to either possibly guide me through to get it running or maybe someone of you - preferably even from Germany - could help getting the unit to work.

Not sure if any further details are required but would post whatever neccessary to help you, help me

Thank you all and stay safe
Paul
paulsk_de

Re: Cant start Megadrum / Firmware update not working

Postby ibanman555 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:31 pm

Can you turn on MegaDrum as normal and attach a picture of the LCD screen?
ibanman555

Postby paulsk_de » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:47 pm

this is what it shows when I turn on power
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paulsk_de

Postby ibanman555 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:49 pm

This is not a Dmitri build? This looks to have been built by you? I would take a close look at the connections against the schematics to make sure everything is correct. Have you installed and connected to MegaDrum Manager FX?
ibanman555

Postby paulsk_de » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:51 pm

it is a non Dmitri build one but the preowner of the drum kit build it I guess. Unfortunately there is no one I could still contact. I checked the connections in the MD. I have the MD Manager but get SysEx errors if I try to connect or exchange any data
paulsk_de

Postby ibanman555 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:04 pm

Ahhhh I see your problem now. There's no telling which version it is set to, let alone which type of circuit board is installed, and that might make sense why it won't connect to MDM. Stand by....
ibanman555

Postby ibanman555 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:09 pm

If pressing left button when starting up do you see any graphics on the display at all? If not, I would look very closely at the wires to the display and make certain they are not shorted out. If you have a multi meter, you can test to make sure they aren't shorted out too. Since this was a customer build it could be riddled with poor soldering. While in there again, please attach a picture of the circuit to know which board is installed, as it matter which firmware to use based on that.
ibanman555

Postby paulsk_de » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:28 pm

it does show some text when I turn it on and hit the button to the left - there does not seem to be a connectivity issue. I have attached pictures of the outside, the display and the board hoping that this will help identifying the issue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paulsk_de

Postby paulsk_de » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:29 pm

board
paulsk_de

Postby paulsk_de » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:29 pm

outside
paulsk_de

Next

Return to Related Software