Is my MegaDrum broken?

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Is my MegaDrum broken?

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:58 am

Ok. The only thing I can think to do is reconnect to MDM, Get All and turn TriggeredInCC off, send to MegaDrum. Then, switch to Snare channel 4/5 in Pad settings window, reset the gain to 1, threshold to 127 and send. If the triggering is still occuring, do a firmware update; STM32d

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1075

If you're still having the problem, we'll need the boss to chime in, hopefully soon for your sake. I'm not sure what else to say unfortunately.
ibanman555

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:10 am

I feel like there is something happening crosstalk related too, which has happened before, especially if an adjacent input was set wrong, and you may not even know it, as it is triggering the snare.

If all else fails, from MD interface set inputs to 18 instead of 32, Load ROM Kit 1,2 or 3. We want to rule out anything that may be a software config issue before a hardware issue, which is really unlikely.
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:14 am

I have a question. While scrolling through the menu on the MD unit to turn off TriggeredinCC, I noticed that reverse encoders is enables. Does that mean left and right are flipped and when you told me to hold down the right one, I just hold down the left one?
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:17 am

Do you mean AltEncoder?
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:28 am

Yes, it was AltEncoder. My fault

Things I've tried:
Turned off TriggeredinCC, Set snare gain to 1, set threshold to 127. Changed inputs to 18. - No change

Not sure how to load a different rom, so I tried to load from another slot and i tried different configs - no change

I also deselected anything and everything that had a check box just to try and get it back to it's default state - still triggering

Snare is now triggering so much that I cannot alter anything, even with TriggeredinCC off.
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:42 am

Well, deselecting everything is a trigger pull... Have you attempted to flash the firmware yet? Download one of my sysex files, load it into MDM before you connect it to MD. This is a config file that's loaded into the top of MDM.Once you connect MD to MDM, Send All and see what happens.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_zxQGp ... p=drivesdk

I'll try to help further tomorrow after sleep. Good luck
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:56 am

I havent tried to flash the firmware yet. Not sure how. Trying to read up on it, but havent found clear instructions yet.

I downloaded your file, but apparently i'm incapable of using that as well. I dont see where on MDM you can load external files. It all looks to be locked to MD
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:01 am

jclark1118 wrote:I havent tried to flash the firmware yet. Not sure how. Trying to read up on it, but havent found clear instructions yet.
7 posts up from here I posted a link to the firmware, and here the instructions, also included in that link; viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1252
Alternatively, you can update the firmware from MDM, located in the File Menu.

jclark1118 wrote:I downloaded your file, but apparently i'm incapable of using that as well. I dont see where on MDM you can load external files. It all looks to be locked to MD
In MDM, on the top row of buttons is says Load All. Click this button and you can choose and load my MDM file. Then, connect to MD and press the Send All button. This will send all the current settings to MD.
ibanman555

Postby dmitri » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:02 am

Does disabling the input which is auto firing stops this auto firing?
Can you post the MDMFX screenshot of settings of the input which is auto firing and a screenshot of MIDI Log when the input is auto firing?
Also can you please take a photo of the LCD when the input is auto firing?
If it is a hardware fault I will build a replacement module.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby jclark1118 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:46 pm

Ibanman - I tried flashing the firmware following the instructions in the link you provided. When trying to enter the command prompt to start the update, it says "mdfwupdate.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".
When I try to upgrade the firmware from MDM, after following all the steps, selecting the file, and hitting start, it times out and says MegaDrum is not responding
I used your sysex file, but nothing changed.

Dimitri - Disabling the snare input stops the MIDI from coming through, but the MD screen still shows it firing away. MDMFX screen shot is below as well as a picture of the MD screen

IMG-0381 (1).jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-29 211057.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jclark1118

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software