Anyone know how to get MDM to connect with Invasion drums?

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Anyone know how to get MDM to connect with Invasion drum

Postby ibanman555 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:51 am

Ok that should be fairly easy. Make sure the pedal is connected to the proper jack (#1) and press the pedal down. In MDM, press Set Low under Hat Pedal column. Then release pedal and press Set Hi. Send button to send configuration to MD. Do you see movement in the midi log meter for Pedal afterwards?
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:54 am

Connected to port 1. Pushed pedal down and set low. Released pedal and set high. Send to MG. No movement in the MIDI log. I dont think the pedal is getting picked up by MD. Both the low and high values came out at 57
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:59 am

Make sure Pedal is set to Foot Controller and not Pot. Also activate Alt In and send to MD. There's a switch on front of MD for hi impedance and lo impedance, flip that switch and try again.
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:05 am

Enabled Alt In. Flipped that other switch. New low on Hi-Hat is 237. New high is 246. Sent to MD. Pressing the pedal doesnt show up on the MIDI log, but I can see the light going on and off on MD
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:17 am

This meter in midi log isn't moving at all with pedal movement?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:21 am

No, the hi-hat pedal doesnt trigger anything in the MIDI log. On top of that, I seem to have lost all triggering from everything plugged in to the AUX row

I'm so frustrated lol
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:27 am

MegaDrum can do that to you. You may need to solder a 10k resistor between tip and ring of that pedal cable, looking for settings for that pedal but haven't found anything yet.

In the mean time, deselect Alt In, send it, and try to recalibrate pedal with Set Hi & Lo with impedance switch in both positions. See if your pads trigger again (they shouldn't have changed at all with what you've tried). Otherwise, you may have to wait for the master Dmitri to chime in as he knows all the ins and outs.
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:41 am

I dont own any soldering equipment and have no experience with it. That's why I had Dmitri build it for me.

Turned off Alt In. Sent in. No change in hi-hat pedal. Still no change in AUX ports. Nothing on the AUX row is sending any trigger information.

Should I email Dmitri and ask him to look at this thread? Or how does that normally work?
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:50 am

Are you still connected to MDM? Are you able to see inputs change with hitting any pads still? Is TriggeredInCC still active? Maybe Close Midi on MDM and power cycle MD? There is no reason for your Aux pads to have completely stopped working that I know of. Just make sure you have the proper number of inputs selected still in top left corner of MDM.

On the bright side it looks as though a current user from April is using that pedal, and from what I can understand his hi-lo was 64-2. So you may need to give it another go.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4599

As far as getting more help, Dmitri is often responding in these forums and just give a little patience, I'm sure he will respond with assistance soon.
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:55 am

Closing MDM and power cycling was the first thing I tried when the AUX pads stopped working. It didnt seem to help at all. TriggerinCC is still on. All other pads are working normally and are sending data to MDM. The AUX pads are not setting the MIDI light off on MD and they are not showing up in the MIDI log in MDM
jclark1118

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software