Anyone know how to get MDM to connect with Invasion drums?

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Anyone know how to get MDM to connect with Invasion drum

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:16 am

:( :oops: I just realized....in pedal settings, CC Number needs to be set to 4.... Then send that.

When you say you see activity, is the LED lighting on MD when you move the pedal? Do you see the meter in the upper left of MD screen moving with the pedal movement? What are the hi and low Numbers for pedal?

This can be the most confusing/frustrating/picky part of MD, the Hi Hat.
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:22 am

Changing the CC value to 4 got pedal activity in the MIDI Log, but it's really erratic

I turned off the alt input and made it static. Seems to be more stable now, but still randomly goes off.

low is 3. high is 54
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:28 am

Your Hi/Low look appropriate now. In Levels setting tab, manually decrease hi level by 5 and send it. Switch to Misc tab and change CC Reduction Lvl to 3. Pedal meter won't be smooth, but more stepped, and that's ok. You're in the home stretch. The important part is that you're getting full meter up and down with you pedal press and release.
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:33 am

I think that seems to have done it. THe pedal isnt randomly setting off the LED light anymore. Think the only thing I have left to do is map everything in Invasion Drums
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:33 am

You may need to experiment with hi and low impedance switch on front of MD and Alt In to get the best separation of Lo and High pedal Levels. The more separation, the better. I needed to check Alt In, Set Hi and Low with Hi impedance and then again with Low impedance, and all over again with Alt In off. One of those will work best for your pedal, since there are so many different types, there has to be some adjustment there in MD.
ibanman555

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:36 am

Invasion will have a Cc Hi Hat note number for Tip and Edge most likely, you assign MD hi hat pads to those numbers and you'll be good to go.
ibanman555

Postby jclark1118 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:35 am

Hmm seems like I'm still having a problem mapping to Invasion. I have the pads on the AUX row assigned different note value ins MDM, but Invasion is still reading the AUX row as all the same input. Any idea what in MDM would be causing that?
jclark1118

Postby ibanman555 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:50 am

In the Pads column, all notes, alt notes and press notes should be the same, like in this photo. Make sure you send your changes in MDM before moving on to the next pad adjustment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ibanman555

Previous

Return to Related Software