Toontrack Hi Hat Setup Question

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Hi Hat Question

Postby ibanman555 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:33 pm

Ok, I've attempted to set up as you stated in your 5th post. I've got HiHat Pad Head/Bow and Rim/Edge set to note 17. That is the most open sound in SD2. I also have that note set as BowSemiOpen and EdgeSemiOpen under the pedal Notes tab. I've set the rest of the notes in the Notes tab to their respective sounds from SD2, however I am just getting the the open sound regardless of pedal position.

BowClosed and EdgeClosed are assigned their appropriate notes and a fully closed pedal is giving me the proper sounds....so it's getting there. I'm not sure why the other notes for varied openness aren't playing?
ibanman555

Postby dmitri » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:14 pm

Did you adjust levels for intermediate pedal positions as per https://www.megadrum.info/content/hihat-pedal-settings ?
Next screen HiHat Pedal->OpenLvl:
Next screen HiHat Pedal->SOpenLvl:
Next screen HiHat Pedal->SOpenLvl2:
Next screen HiHat Pedal->HOpenLvl:
Next screen HiHat Pedal->HOpenLvl2:

<HiHat Pedal >

OpenLvl: 8

Measured against CC MIDI message value: 0 - for fully open, 127 - for fully closed. Set the level below which HiHat hits registered as open/semi open/semi open2/half open/half open2 hits.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby ibanman555 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:59 pm

Crap....I had them backwards. :roll:

It works. For the first time in so many years, it finally works.

Thank you!

I have discovered the best setup for me, using MegaDrum and a Toontrack product is to configure the hi hat to trigger specific notes (set up under pedal notes), and to configure the openness levels under hi hat pedal level. Leaving CC4 on and configured as foot controller allows me to use the foot chick option. The only thing needed now to eliminate Toontracks poor transmuting hat sounds is to disable CC4 for hi hat in Toontrack itself.
ibanman555

Previous

Return to Related Software