update gone wrong

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

update gone wrong

Postby Ethegar » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:21 pm

hi there. I bought a new MD from Dmitri on march, and last night i tried to update my MD firmware but it didn't work, and now MD doesn't power up unless i press the LEFT button while powering up. Then the LCD goes black and shows:

FwSUpdaterSTM32d
StartUpdateOnPc

i have downloaded the last MDM and firmware as well, and selected this file "megadrumSTM32d_56_20200331.bin", (i guess its correct). Then press the update button on MDM, but it either gets stuck in the message "update is in progress" (i left it for about two hours) or says "megadrum is not responding". I'm sure that MDM recognizes MD, because after a while (20 minutes or more) of inactivity, if i power off MD, MDM inmediatly shows "upgrade cancelled". What can i do?

Thank you.
Ethegar

Re: update gone wrong

Postby dmitri » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Did you follow viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1252 ?
At step 5, what did it show for MIDI In and Out ports and what did you select?
Do you have any other MIDI software running at the same time as you try to update the firmware?
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: update gone wrong

Postby Ethegar » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:39 pm

thanks Dmitri. After doing all of this nothing worked. Then at the edge of desperation, i tried to do the update in another computer, and finally i have my MD fully operational again. I don´t know what´s happening but i´ll find out. Thank you for the support.
Ethegar

Return to Related Software