USB device not recognized

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

USB device not recognized

Postby Scaradrummer » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:34 pm

Hi, I'm having an issue with my megadrum module. I bought the full kit with dmitri, I've only soldered the jacks into the flat cable that came with the kit, and put everything inside a box. It's a 56 channel full kit with LCD and all the stuff. I have the latest firmware from 2020, because some time ago the module was working fine. Last week, this issue started and I can't make it work anymore. I have checked with a multimeter and USB cable and connections are all OK. The USB cable works great with my Zoom G5n guitar effects pedal. I don't know what could be happening to the main board. I've tried to use megadrum with another laptop and the same issue happens, so I think it's not the laptop, it's the module. I tried to unplug all the connectors, leaving only the usb conn and power switch, and when I turn the board on, the same message appears on Windows "USB device not recognized". Any help would be apreciated.
Scaradrummer

Re: USB device not recognized

Postby dmitri » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:56 pm

First, try to reload the firmware using instructions from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1252
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Scaradrummer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:43 pm

Ther is no way to reload firmware, because USB is not detected by windows 10. I came back from work today and tried to unplug everything and turn on just the board with USB and power switch, the same message keeps showing on windows "USB device not recognized". Then I turn megadrum off, disconected the cable, and I plugged everything on the board except for the inputs. When I turned on, the module now doesn't even show the initial page on its LCD... the LCD lits up, only the backlight, and nothing appears. I'll try to post a photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scaradrummer

Postby dmitri » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:14 pm

Look like it needs a repair/replacement. Please PM me for this.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby nikkinemo95 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:53 am

I was using my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 1500, my mouse stopped working, and I got a message that says “This USB device is not recognized”. I plugged it into a different port, and that worked for a little bit. Now nothing works, and I’ve plugged it into another computer and it works fine. I’ve tried messing with the power management settings in the USB root hub, and the one to change the power supply settings.
nikkinemo95

Return to Related Software