Getting hi hat working with Addictive Drums

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Getting hi hat working with Addictive Drums

Postby LeeLeeD74 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm

I'm having a couple of issues (probably due to lack of knowledge) mainly with mapping to different software and Addictive Drums 2.

I've tried loading the megadrum maps in addictive drums and both the advanced and basic settings in mgmfx and everything just goes mental, all the pads play different notes and the hihat pedal doesnt do anything, then when i try and do my own custom map the hihat pedal does nothing.
I'm probably being dumb but its frustrating.
I've managed to get to grips with setting up my pads in mdmfx and have got a usable setting for most of them apart from the ride, hihat and one crash cymbal with choke.
I'm using the pads and cymbals from an old Alesis DM10 with 682 drums mesh upgrade and a surge hihat, the ride is a 12" dual or triple zone (not sure which but it has 2 cables)
Anyway, any help will be massively appreciated :D :D

PS i've had no success at all getting it working in Kontakt with GetGood drums, nothing happening there
LeeLeeD74

Re: Getting hi hat working with Addictive Drums

Postby dmitri » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:56 pm

I'm not the right person about drum mapping for any particular drum app but as far as I know most apps allow you to do semi-automatic mapping, i.e. you first assign unique Notes to each of your pads/cymbals and you use a 'learn' function in an app - you hit a pad/cymbal and the app asks you which sound to assign the received Note.

For the HiHat setup please describe your HiHat controller, i.e. if it is a on/off or a variable, if it uses Roland or Yamaha polarity (for Yamaha polarity you will have to use a crossover cable to reverse polarity), if you're using MIDI CC for pedal positions or not in your app and how you set High and Low level in Pedal settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby LeeLeeD74 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Thanks Dmitri

Ive used the midi learn function in Addictive drums loads before, with the Alesis DM10 and Roland TD7 but i've never set up the Hihat controller as it usaually works off the bat, same with the ride cymbal but its only ever recognised the bow and bell, never got the choke or crash/ride part working either, it has 2 cables which i have plugged into the ride input and Aux3.

The hihat pedal is Alesis which came with the DM10 setup, not sure what kind it is but i'll try do some research, it has a rubber part inside which presses against a strip on the base.
LeeLeeD74

Postby LeeLeeD74 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:14 pm

The pedal works with the module as i can see it on the display going 64-2
LeeLeeD74

Postby airflamesred » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:23 pm

13 years later?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:26 pm

LeeLeeD74 wrote:The pedal works with the module as i can see it on the display going 64-2

So does the pedal now work as needed or do you still need help with setting it up?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby LeeLeeD74 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:22 am

the pedal worked with the module straight away but not being very easy with addictive drums,
not sure how to set up the cymbal zones in mdmfx either with choke on one and the dual cable ride
LeeLeeD74

Postby dmitri » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:15 am

LeeLeeD74 wrote:not sure how to set up the cymbal zones in mdmfx either with choke on one and the dual cable ride

1. Is it a piezo/switch cymbal?
2. Did you set Bow as "Dual or 3way Yamaha" and Edge as "Switch"?
3. How did you configure Threshold on the Edge?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby LeeLeeD74 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:27 am

I'm still working on it. Had a few days off.
LeeLeeD74

Return to Related Software