Config Tool for Mac user (hopefully a temporary post!!)

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Config Tool for Mac user (hopefully a temporary post!!)

Postby kimouette » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm

By using the "Actions for selected pad", I can change the Kick, hihat Bow, and snare parameters as many times as I want without disconnecting the MD.

BUT I cannot sent Hihat pedal setting to MD after sending individual pads settings (even though the application log says it has been sent).
Image 1.png

But if I do the opposite (if start by sending Hihat pedal setting to MD and THEN send some individual pad's setting to MD) it works.

In other words, if I dont try to send ALL SETTINGS or HIHAT PEDAL SETTING to MD, I dont need to quit and disconnect everything (as long as I START BY sending hihat pedal, and then individual pads). But like I already said, sending ALL settings has never worked.

LOADING just any setting (individual or multiple settings) from MD to MCT works all the time. I never have to disconnect anything or restart the session... it just works!
Image 3.png

Just a little observation...
Everytime I succesfully send "hihat pedal settings" to MD, the MIDI Led lights up for about 1 or 2 seconds. If it fails, or if I send or receive just ANYTHING else than "hihat pedal settings", the led never lights up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kimouette

Postby elrules » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Maybe is due to some kind of hardware issue... Or maybe due to some hihat parameter... Hope dmitri visits this thread and through us some light in this..
elrules

Postby dmitri » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:53 pm

elrules wrote:Maybe is due to some kind of hardware issue... Or maybe due to some hihat parameter... Hope dmitri visits this thread and through us some light in this..

I cannot check it now myself. So does it only happen with Mac or with Windows and Linux as well?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby elrules » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:41 pm

It only happens with Mac. Or maybe it only happens with kimouete and it is not due to Mac OS.

So, what do those LED flashes mean when doing the Hihat config update?
elrules

Postby dmitri » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:52 pm

It just means that while the HiHat pedal High and Low levels get updated and if F.Contr is set to Yes MegaDrum sends a few CC messages.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby kimouette » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:08 pm

It just means that while the HiHat pedal High and Low levels get updated and if F.Contr is set to Yes MegaDrum sends a few CC messages.

I guess there's a specific "limit" (of time or amount?) that's currently allowing me to send "few" CC messages!
Hihat pedal works ALMOST ok, but All setting officially exceeds that "limit"!

Have you experienced any problem if you DON'T use any "all-settings" command? Can you operate without problems if you only send/receive single configs? (THIS IS IMPORTANT)

Now that I've tested that, does it give you any clue on how I could solve the problem?
kimouette

Postby dmitri » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:16 pm

kimouette wrote:

I guess there's a specific "limit" (of time or amount?) that's currently allowing me to send "few" CC messages!
Hihat pedal works ALMOST ok, but All setting officially exceeds that "limit"!

Sorry, but I didn't get this.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby kimouette » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:46 pm

Sorry, but I didn't get this.

:?
I'm the one who's sorry, I didn't read your post correctly. For some reason I thought you were talking about sysex messages, not CC messages.
And I was reffering to the post I wrote last night...

By using the "Actions for selected pad", I can change the Kick, hihat Bow, and snare parameters as many times as I want without disconnecting the MD.

BUT I cannot sent Hihat pedal setting to MD after sending individual pads settings (even though the application log says it has been sent).

In other words, if I dont try to send ALL SETTINGS or HIHAT PEDAL SETTING to MD, I dont need to quit and disconnect everything (as long as I START BY sending hihat pedal, and then individual pads). But like I already said, sending ALL settings has never worked.

Something (maybe the amount or size of the sysex messages? maybe the MCT wait time value) is stopping me from sending just any setting I want to MD and I'm still trying to figure out what that is!
kimouette

Postby elrules » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:58 am

When I update to the new version with the Latency option, I will add the sysex wait time option, so you can play with it.
elrules

Postby kimouette » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:48 am

Hi there!

I have updated both the MCT (to v1.3) and firmware (megadrum32_16_32_20081204.syx) and was about to try that new sysex wait time option, but for some reason MCT does not save the modification after I click on "APPLY".

While I was there, I used the occasion to test every "Configuration options" and in the end, everything but two options are being saved when I apply the modifications.

The 2 that are NOT working are :

- Pad velocity threshold (in the quick access section of the window)
- Sysex wait time

While I was testing, I thought that maybe only "selectable items" worked and every "numerical value" were not taking into account. But no, for some reason "hihat pedal threshold" works. Just not the two that I previously mentionned.

I dont know if these 2 options have been programmed differently, but could they be fixed?
kimouette

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software