Absolute Beginner Questions

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Absolute Beginner Questions

Postby Hypnoctopus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Since there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive, step by step guide for absolute beginners which starts from the very beginning of the setup process, and since the supplied Youtube video pertaining to MegaDrum Manager FX starts somewhere in the middle of the setup process, I have some questions:

1. Are there benefits to connecting the MegaDrum to a PC through a MIDI interface using MIDI cables (in my case, a Steinberg UR22MKII), rather than connecting to a PC directly via USB?

2. In MegaDrum Manager FX, what options should one select for the MIDI In / MIDI Out in main>options based on the following scenarios:
- MegaDrum is connected directly to the PC via USB
- MegaDrum is connected to a MIDI interface via MIDI cables, and the MIDI interface is connected to the PC via USB.

3. If one sees two question marks with a red background at the top of the screen in MDMFX next to the "prevCfg" button, what should one do? I saw a different thread where Dmitri clarified that those two question marks mean that "MDMFX could not load the 'MegaDRUM Basic_32.mds' config file", but he did not clarify to the user what that means, and what action should be taken, if any.

Insight much appreciated.
Hypnoctopus

Re: Absolute Beginner Questions

Postby airflamesred » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:45 am

Hypnoctopus wrote:
1. Are there benefits to connecting the MegaDrum to a PC through a MIDI interface using MIDI cables (in my case, a Steinberg UR22MKII), rather than connecting to a PC directly via USB?

No

2. In MegaDrum Manager FX, what options should one select for the MIDI In / MIDI Out in main>options based on the following scenarios:
- MegaDrum is connected directly to the PC via USB
- MegaDrum is connected to a MIDI interface via MIDI cables, and the MIDI interface is connected to the PC via USB.

Same
3. If one sees two question marks with a red background at the top of the screen in MDMFX next to the "prevCfg" button, what should one do? I saw a different thread where Dmitri clarified that those two question marks mean that "MDMFX could not load the 'MegaDRUM Basic_32.mds' config file", but he did not clarify to the user what that means, and what action should be taken, if any.

Insight much appreciated.

It makes sense to use midi over USB. Get that all connected and let us know what's not working.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Return to Related Software