Problem regarding the connection of Megadrum to EZ-Drummer

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Problem regarding the connection of Megadrum to EZ-Drummer

Postby JOmgdLAT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:32 am

Greetings,
I´m currently trying to setup an e-drum System with EZ-Drummer as the Sound source. At the Moment I am using the Trial Version of EZD 2.
I have Problems connecting my Megadrum to this Sofware. After going to Settings, clicking on Audio/midi Setup and then on Midi device, I find my module. But everytime I choose it, then click on apply and revisit the Settings, my module has been unchosen.
Is there anything I have to do differently? Has anybody else had similar problems?
I hope this question isn´t wrong here, but I also contacted the Toontrack Support.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Maybe there is a neeed to mention, that my Computer runs on Windows 10 pro

Update: I found out, that there is no Problem when the Megadrum-Manager is closed or not connected to the same Midi port as EZD. But that has the consequnce, that I can´t directly listen to the changes I´ve done. Only if I disconnected the MDM from the Midi port. This can´t be the way it should be, is it?
Note: On my previous Laptop I was able to get a well setup e-drumset with the exact same components except that it was an Apple Macbook and it ran -of Course- on MacOS.
JOmgdLAT

Re: Problem regarding the connection of Megadrum to EZ-Drumm

Postby dmitri » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:14 pm

MegaDrum presents two MIDI interfaces over USB exactly for this reason - one for configuration over MDMFX and another for MIDI application.
You have to make sure MDMFX and MIDI application (EZ-Drummer in your case) are configured to use different MegaDrum MIDI ports.
Most MIDI application try to open and use all available MIDI ports.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: Problem regarding the connection of Megadrum to EZ-Drumm

Postby JOmgdLAT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Thank you for your Response.
I got it to work right now.
It only worked with MIDIIN2 chosen on MDM and manually selected the same In/Out. SOmehow it did not work, when choosing "Use same In/Out.
JOmgdLAT

Return to Related Software