MDM FX doesn't see the megadrum module

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

MDM FX doesn't see the megadrum module

Postby lasot » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi guys. I'm quite new in mdm community. I need a help with connection a modul to my Macbook pro (el capitan).
Modul is sending a midi signals to the computer. I've checked it with kontakt 5 BUT MDM FX doesn't recognize an item.
my firmware version is 20100515. maybe it's too old?? I don't even know what's inside....pcb's....processor...I got it from my friend. He doesn't know too.
What do i need to do to make it vissible for MDM FX?
'sysex version timeout' is written on the top of mdm window when i try to connect it with the modul choosing Megadrum USB MIDI as a midi IN and OUT.

I will be gratefull for any help.
lasot

Re: MDM FX doesn't see the megadrum module

Postby airflamesred » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:54 am

Upgrade the Firmware firstly, then configure the midi ports.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby lasot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:15 am

ok. thanks for reply.
but how to install firmware when I don't know which firmware should I choose. (cause it should be written in mdmfx after connection to the harware) there are 3 different for 56 ins megadrum.
and second.
how to download new firmware without mdmfx ( cause as i mentioned my module is invissible for mdmfx) ?
maybe i'm doing something wrong?
lasot

Postby lasot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:07 am

ok. one step forward. I get a 'sysex: OK' after changing MIDI in and out for 'MegaDrum USB MIDI - MegaDrum USB MIDI'. before was only one 'MegaDrum USB MIDI'
is that correct?
but now I still don't know what firmware should I chose? cause I don't know the type of my MCU.
i have 30 jack's slots at the back of my module so it seems to be 56 inputs. as that correct?
lasot

Postby lasot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:56 am

ok guys, you are helping me without answering :lol:
I've opened a module and there is written Atmega644 on a chip so now I know what I have got. I can't see a newer firmware for my 56inputs mdm then from 2014. is that correct? is it gonna work?
lasot

Postby ignotus » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 am

You can install the latest firmware but you won't be able to use all the inputs (I think it's limited to 48). Another matter is whether you have the protected bootloader installed. If you don't you'll have to stick with the firmware you have now.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby lasot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 pm

i try to download firmware using terminal app in mac os. i'm doing step by step as written. first I put the mdfwupdate to the terminal, secondly the firware. then he asking me for midi ports to chose and everything is correct. then it try to start download firmware and says that samothing is wrong, error error etc. 'retrying on crc error'

one different from dimitri description is that on my module, when i chose crystal mhz (20), there is no 'StartUpdateOnPc'
but i have 'Fw Updater 20Mhz Send SysEx now'
lasot

Postby dmitri » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Firmware version 20100515 cannot be upgraded. The oldest version which can be upgraded is 20100603.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lasot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:35 pm

so..what can I do? is there any way to use mdmfx to control the modul? to use little lcd on stage sounds not quite good... :(
lasot

Postby airflamesred » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Is the 'old school ' MDM not still downloadable?

Edit
As a matter of interest did you get this Atmega version from eBay?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Next

Return to Related Software