New user issues

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

New user issues

Postby talter23 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Hello, I just received my Megadrum 32 input module (built by Dmitri) and am having some trouble getting it set up. These should be simple questions and I apologize if they have been answered elsewhere.

I am consistently getting Sysex Timeout warnings in MDM FX. In addition there is another box to the left of the prevCfg button that is consistently red and has the text ?? in it. My Sysex timeout value is set to 40.

My MIDI log is not updating in real time, should it be able to do this?

When I set the unit to a ROM kit and then "Get" the settings, I don't see any values change on screen. I feel like this should load information from the unit overwriting the settings on screen, is this correct?

I have checked "Use Same In/Out" and set it to MegaDrum USB MIDI.

I'm experiencing severe crosstalk as well but it feels like I need to get the communications fixed first. Most of the setting changes that I have tried seem to have no effect.

So, what have I done wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.
talter23

Re: New user issues

Postby dmitri » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:54 pm

1. Make sure you selected correct MIDI In/Out ports in MDMFX Options.
2. Make sure no other MIDI software is accessing the same ports. By default most MIDI apps try to open all available MIDI ports.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: New user issues

Postby talter23 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Thanks Dmitri. I think that was the problem. I'm having some other issues as well, I'll create separate posts for those.
talter23

Return to Related Software