Megadrum Config Tool (comming soon!)

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Megadrum Config Tool (comming soon!)

Postby elrules » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Do you have the last firmware (20081020) installed? for old versions of the firmware (which did not support this new sysex approach) the tool doesn' t work. I have updated the help manual ('install' tab) to warn users about this. Minimum version required is 20081006.

therapix has also Windows Vista (32bits) and he is not experimenting any issue with the menus. He also can update the firmware through the program. Conntact him so you can see what the hell is going on with yout installation. Which version of have has he installed... He told me he followed step by step the installation tutorial here in:
http://www.megadrum.info/configtool/
He installed Java 6 from the sun webpage, and then the tool.
and everything went ok, except for the MidiPort.dll that could not be copied due to Vista permission restrictions. See the "Tips" tab in the help manual to see how to manually install the MidiPort.dll.
elrules

Postby kerem34 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:47 pm

wow!~ it was great to read this far..
i plan to study programming in university..
but.. after reading all this..
what do u think i should do?
kerem34

Postby elrules » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Think of what you love to do, and don't mind if you are going to earn less money than with other jobs. Listen to your heart. This may seem a typical sentence, but I can asure you it is better to have it in mind.

DO WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO

Here in Spain, being a programmer is very difficult as Computer Engineers are not very well paid. I am lucky I am not a computer engineer (I am a telecommunication engineer), so I can choose from a wider varuety of jobs, including the computer engineer's ones ;)
elrules

Previous

Return to Related Software