Roland CY15-R Setup beginner help

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Roland CY15-R Setup beginner help

Postby TeeBeutel » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello all together,
after completing my DIY Kit and setting up pretty much everything to work more or less, this Ride is the last thing that makes me desperate. Note: I`m a total beginner regarding E-Drums.

I read the articles from dimitri for setting up those things, that didn`t help. I also used angr77`s pre-made file from the megadrum-library -> didn`t work either. I think I`m not getting the principle of those 3 zone pads.
Maybe you can guide me through the process based on my settings used (see pictures below).
I wired everything up according to angr77`s ROM-Kit file, so inputs are used for the following:

20/21 Bow/Edge
22/23 Bow/Bell

Below are the settings + the AD2 mapping.
Input1 BowEdge.PNG
Input 2 Bell.PNG

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TeeBeutel

Re: Roland CY15-R Setup beginner help

Postby dmitri » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:10 pm

1. MDM is now superseded by MDMFX, please use it instead.
2. Threshold on Ride1 Edge input is set too high and this is why MegaDrum thinks that the Bell switch is always pressed and this is why it sends Dampened Note (note 1) instead of notes 60, 61 or 62.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: Roland CY15-R Setup beginner help

Postby TeeBeutel » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:16 pm

thank you - i will try that.
I had some problems with the MDFX - the newest version works but i still can`t load/save config files. That`s why I`m using the old one.
TeeBeutel

Return to Related Software