yamaha DTXtreme pads on Megadrum

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

yamaha DTXtreme pads on Megadrum

Postby lrizzo2001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm bringing my megadrum 56 input with me to a friends house who currently has a Yamaha DTXtreme and is considering Megadrum to replace his module because he wants to incorporate Roland HH since his Yamaha HH only has 4 preset variables.
Any suggestions to give me a head start on the painful hours of tweaking?
lrizzo2001

Re: yamaha DTXtreme pads on Megadrum

Postby dmitri » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Just a note - Yamaha HiHat controllers use opposite polarity to Roland HiHat controllers. Yamaha uses tip for power and ring for signal. Roland and most others use ring for power and tip for signal. MegaDrum by default comes with HiHat controller input wiring for Roland HiHat controllers.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:19 pm

so all I need to do is reverse the red/black on the stereo cables?

That's probably why the Roland HH doesn't work well on his Yamaha module.

dmitri wrote:Just a note - Yamaha HiHat controllers use opposite polarity to Roland HiHat controllers. Yamaha uses tip for power and ring for signal. Roland and most others use ring for power and tip for signal. MegaDrum by default comes with HiHat controller input wiring for Roland HiHat controllers.
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Yes, you just need to swap wires between ring and tip at one end of a stereo cable.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Ok, I can build a simple box to do that for him. Does anybody have any settings config files for those pads? I'm not even sure what models they are, I know the snare is 3 zones with a foam type head and 2 rim zones, the rest I believe are 2 zones, and they are all probably piezo/piezo switch type pads.

dmitri wrote:Yes, you just need to swap wires between ring and tip at one end of a stereo cable.
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:14 pm

For Yamaha 3 zone snares the setup is the same as for 3 zone Yamaha cymbals, just instead of edge and bell zones they have two rim zones. https://www.megadrum.info/content/setti ... one-cymbal
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to Related Software