not getting HH chick from Roland FD7

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

not getting HH chick from Roland FD7

Postby lrizzo2001 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:03 pm

I'm getting nice response on open/close intervals, but I'm not getting any trigger when I hit all the way down. I do in the roland TD7 so I'm pretty sure the pedal itself is fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lrizzo2001

Re: not getting HH chick from Roland FD7

Postby dmitri » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:02 pm

lrizzo2001 wrote:I'm getting nice response on open/close intervals, but I'm not getting any trigger when I hit all the way down. I do in the roland TD7 so I'm pretty sure the pedal itself is fine.

I guess you intend to use Chick notes generated by MegaDrum rather then using MIDI CC 04 for pedal positions. In that case show screenshots of Notes and Levels of the Pedal and a Raw MIDI Log when you press the the pedal quickly (when you chick).
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Honestly, I don't know what the difference would be. I'm open to trying whatever is easiest. I'm using Superior Drummer 2. I assumed the trigger at the bottom of the pedal would have generated a Midi Note like it does on the roland module. When I map the HH in SD2 I map the HH head to the hats tip trig, then I would map the Closed Pedal sound to the Pedal's Trigger. I don't have a preference on how this is achieved with MD.

dmitri wrote:
lrizzo2001 wrote:I'm getting nice response on open/close intervals, but I'm not getting any trigger when I hit all the way down. I do in the roland TD7 so I'm pretty sure the pedal itself is fine.

I guess you intend to use Chick notes generated by MegaDrum rather then using MIDI CC 04 for pedal positions. In that case show screenshots of Notes and Levels of the Pedal and a Raw MIDI Log when you press the the pedal quickly (when you chick).
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:12 pm

There two ways of doing this: either you configure MegaDrum to send Chick notes and then assign a Chick sound in your soft synth to this note or you configure MegaDrum to send CC 04 MIDI messages for changing pedal positions and the you configure your soft synth to generate Chick sound interpreting CC 04 MIDI messages changes. Which way are you doing this?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Here's my current settings
Not sure what I'm even doing . I just assigned the chick note to G0, but I can see that the chick trigger isn't sending any midi data.

dmitri wrote:There two ways of doing this: either you configure MegaDrum to send Chick notes and then assign a Chick sound in your soft synth to this note or you configure MegaDrum to send CC 04 MIDI messages for changing pedal positions and the you configure your soft synth to generate Chick sound interpreting CC 04 MIDI messages changes. Which way are you doing this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:58 pm

lrizzo2001 wrote:Here's my current settings
Not sure what I'm even doing .

Well, you have to decide how you want to get Chicks - as generated by MegaDrum with a Chick Note or you configure your your soft synth to use MIDI CC 04 from MegaDrum to generate chicks.
I just assigned the chick note to G0, but I can see that the chick trigger isn't sending any midi data.

Why, oh why, did you set all Levels in the Pedal settings to zero??? Revert them back to default MegaDrum settings as in:
Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 23.54.08.png

Adjust Low and High Levels for your pedal and after that MegaDrum will generate G0 note (as you assigned it to Chick) when you chick.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:28 pm

I loaded a configuration I found here in the forums, and that's what it changed them to. I didn't know what the default was to revert them back.
would they be set to Zero if I were to have used the other method for generating the chick? All I know is I searched the forum for FD7 and found a setting for the FD8 which should be the same, and that's what it did to the settings.

dmitri wrote:
lrizzo2001 wrote:Here's my current settings
Not sure what I'm even doing .

Well, you have to decide how you want to get Chicks - as generated by MegaDrum with a Chick Note or you configure your your soft synth to use MIDI CC 04 from MegaDrum to generate chicks.
I just assigned the chick note to G0, but I can see that the chick trigger isn't sending any midi data.

Why, oh why, did you set all Levels in the Pedal settings to zero??? Revert them back to default MegaDrum settings as in:
Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 23.54.08.png

Adjust Low and High Levels for your pedal and after that MegaDrum will generate G0 note (as you assigned it to Chick) when you chick.
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:22 pm

I don't know what settings you downloaded but most likely they were meant to be used with CC 04 for processing Pedal positions.
It looks like you just randomly take settings from various places and load them into MegaDrum without understanding possible end results/effects. I really, really suggest you to read everything in the MegaDrum Documentation - https://www.megadrum.info/content/megad ... figuration - and to get the understanding of all settings. For the Pedal settings in particular read https://www.megadrum.info/content/hihat-pedal-settings

You can load MegaDrum default settings by making sure that AutoloadConf is set to No or by pressing the Right button while powering up MegaDrum. And I really suggest you to start over from the default MegaDrum settings as it appears to me now that the random loading of settings from different places is also the source of the problem you have with PD-7/8/9.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Once I load the default settings using the right button/power up method, do I do a "GetAll" in Manager FX to view the default settings?

dmitri wrote:I don't know what settings you downloaded but most likely they were meant to be used with CC 04 for processing Pedal positions.
It looks like you just randomly take settings from various places and load them into MegaDrum without understanding possible end results/effects. I really, really suggest you to read everything in the MegaDrum Documentation - https://www.megadrum.info/content/megad ... figuration - and to get the understanding of all settings. For the Pedal settings in particular read https://www.megadrum.info/content/hihat-pedal-settings

You can load MegaDrum default settings by making sure that AutoloadConf is set to No or by pressing the Right button while powering up MegaDrum. And I really suggest you to start over from the default MegaDrum settings as it appears to me now that the random loading of settings from different places is also the source of the problem you have with PD-7/8/9.
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Yes, do GetAll first. You can also save these default settings to a file to use as a reference/starting point. But even if you lose this file you can always load default settings from MegaDrum any time you want by forcing MegaDrum to load default settings on power up.
dmitri
Site Admin

Next

Return to Related Software