not getting HH chick from Roland FD7

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: not getting HH chick from Roland FD7

Postby lrizzo2001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:32 pm

dmitri wrote:There two ways of doing this: either you configure MegaDrum to send Chick notes and then assign a Chick sound in your soft synth to this note or you configure MegaDrum to send CC 04 MIDI messages for changing pedal positions and the you configure your soft synth to generate Chick sound interpreting CC 04 MIDI messages changes. Which way are you doing this?

If I were to configure MD to send CC 04 midi message method, will the Chick no longer be touch sensitive? and what about the Splash?
Right now I'm using SD2, and I've assigned all the HH bow notes to 41, all the Edge notes to 42, then map the software variable TIP to note 41 and variable edge to 42, then chick is assigned to 43 and I have that mapped to Closed Pedal. How would I configure the Pedal settings in MD to try the other method of just letting CC 04 do it all?
lrizzo2001

Postby lrizzo2001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Bump, nothing?
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 pm

It is up to you/your soft synth which method to use. If your soft synth supports Chick/Splash generation from CC 04 data then you just assign Chick and Splash Notes in MegaDrum which are not used by your soft synth. If your soft synth does not support Chick/Splash generation from CC 04 then assign Chick and Splash Notes in MegaDrum which match Chick and Splash sounds in your soft synth.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lrizzo2001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

dmitri wrote:It is up to you/your soft synth which method to use. If your soft synth supports Chick/Splash generation from CC 04 data then you just assign Chick and Splash Notes in MegaDrum which are not used by your soft synth. If your soft synth does not support Chick/Splash generation from CC 04 then assign Chick and Splash Notes in MegaDrum which match Chick and Splash sounds in your soft synth.

so for the 1st method I would simply assign all my midi notes for chick/splash to Zero for example?, as long as Zero is not assigned to any other pads or samples in the soft synth?

I'm following part of this. My understanding is that the HH input gets assigned a note for each Zone, in my case 2 (head/rim). I then assign whatever notes I assign to those 2 zones to the notes in the Pedal settings corresponding to the articulation (bow/edge), and finally assign the pedal trigger note to the chick in pedal notes.

For example

I am currently using a Roland PD-9 rubber pad for a HH trigger. I have the Head assigned to note 48 and the Rim assigned to 49.
I then have all Bow articulation notes in Pad-Note settings to 48 and all Edge notes set to 49 and Chick assigned to 50. In the Soft Synth I map 48 to the variable Tip sounds, and map 49 to the variable Edge sounds and finally map 50 to the chick/pedal sound.

So are you saying I leave everything else the same and just change the chick/splash assignment to something that is not being used? assuming the software can trigger a chick based on pedal position.

Am I understanding this correctly?
lrizzo2001

Postby dmitri » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:37 pm

Yes, you are correct.
dmitri
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Related Software