Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

is there a video tutorial on the new MDMFX set up

Postby gusgomez » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:29 pm

is there a video tutorial on the new MDMFX set up
gusgomez

Re: is there a video tutorial on the new MDMFX set up

Postby dmitri » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:52 pm

See 'Megadrum set up - the essentials' (thanks to airflamesred) in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6crpT1jfeS0
Pretty much everything in MDMFX is the same as in MDM.
dmitri
Site Admin

step by step procedures to set up MD with MGMFX

Postby gusgomez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:24 am

Is there a step by step procedure to set up MG it seems like a lot of us non geniuses keep asking for the same kind of help there needs to be some more support I know this is maybe asking to much and I also understand that every rig or set up is different so I ask shouldn't we have a general or basic procedure to set this machine up I've posted help requests many times before and my my plight has not been heard please dimitri or somebody HELP !!!!
gusgomez

Re: step by step procedures to set up MD with MGMFX

Postby airflamesred » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:05 am

MG?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby lrizzo2001 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:08 pm

What would be great is a database of syx files that is actually usable. I mean, come on, how many different pads and cymbals can there be? Excluding the variations with DIY drums/pads/cymbals.
I've downloaded other users syx files of pads and they were completely unusable. Why would one person's settings for a Roland PD9 not work for Any other user who has the same exact PD9? I just don't get it. I found https://powerhell.wordpress.com/about/z ... d-library/ on this forum and none of the files for my pads or pedals work for me. I know this module is going to be Awesome once I get past this HUGE learning curve, but it would sure be nice if somebody could help out by sharing successful pad settings for Roland/Yamaha products. I realize it's important to read about and understand what all the different parameters do, but It would be much easier and more fun to learn by tweaking settings to improve the performance of the pads, not spend hours of research just to get head/rim separation. :ugeek:
Last edited by lrizzo2001 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lrizzo2001

Postby airflamesred » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:35 pm

lrizzo2001 wrote:What would be great is a database of syx files that is actually usable

I suspect a lot of them date back to the atmega processor days to be fair.
This module is going to be Awesome once I get past this HUGE learning curve, but it would sure be nice if somebody could help out by sharing successful pad settings for Roland/Yamaha products.

Lets take high level as an example, some people play hard using a 5b stick, and will hence get a different high level to me, or you- on the same drum.
I really urge you to read and run through the set up guide up until you get a problem.

What, may I ask do you think is missing from the set up guide?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby lrizzo2001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:10 pm

I don't know that anything is necessarily missing, or it's just mostly over my head because it deals with parameters I've never had to adjust on any other device, I just know that I can't turn this thing on and start playing, not by a long shot. So it's absolutely imperative to learn and understand every single parameter to get up and running. Unlike any other module which get's you to a starting point, and then you tweak. I could plug roland pads into a Yamaha brain, or Yamaha pads into an Alesis brain and I will have a kit that's pretty close to playable. MD forces you to have to set every single parameter to a correct value which requires a lot of time and research before you can even start to tweak. That being said, I do prefer the MD over any other module because of this enormous versatility and I know I will be very happy with my choice once everything is setup correctly, I just wish it had the ability to get you to a starting point. I've had mine for over a month and it's not even close to being playable. Dmitri is awesome at working with us users who are having issues, but sometimes I feel like the instructions are for advanced MD users. For me personally reading the configuration documents don't help me as much as searching the forums, because in the forums there's more explanation of how the parameters are influencing the performance, and there's more feedback from the user on how the suggestions worked out for them.

airflamesred wrote:
lrizzo2001 wrote:What would be great is a database of syx files that is actually usable

I suspect a lot of them date back to the atmega processor days to be fair.
This module is going to be Awesome once I get past this HUGE learning curve, but it would sure be nice if somebody could help out by sharing successful pad settings for Roland/Yamaha products.

Lets take high level as an example, some people play hard using a 5b stick, and will hence get a different high level to me, or you- on the same drum.
I really urge you to read and run through the set up guide up until you get a problem.

What, may I ask do you think is missing from the set up guide?
lrizzo2001

Return to Related Software