switch settings for cymbals

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

switch settings for cymbals

Postby VipeR » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:27 am

Hi Guys,

It is probably somewhere on this forum, but I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. SO forgive me if I ask a question that has been asked before.

I'm tinkering with some DIY cymbals and have some issues with getting the switch to work properly. I've tried to do the all switch thing as proposed in the megadrum configurations tab, but all it did was srew up the cymbals that I had working. Basically I want to set the switch inputs manually.

So I have a few questions.
1) Which parameters are involved in getting the switch to work properly? I notice that there seems to be a very tight range in the threshold setting that works, which I find strange as it is about detecting an open or a closed switch.
2) What is the best way to approach a manual set-up of a switch.

Thanks in advance.
VipeR

Re: switch settings for cymbals

Postby ignotus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:34 am

HI,

The main parameters involved are gain and threshold. I think the higher the gain, the wider the range of threshold values. I always do it manually like this:

Set gain at around 4 and threshold at 0. Start raising threshold 1 by 1 while holding the switch closed until the midi light flashes. If it flashes, say, between a threshold range of 20 - 24, it's usually most reliable at about 22. That's it.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby VipeR » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Thx. Works a lot easier if you know what you're doing.
VipeR

Postby Kabonfaiba » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Could you post what your working gain and threshold settings are when you have them?

I'm trying to work out how abnormal my own settings are next to other people, because I'm working with Gain 8 - Threshold 1 on my Roland crashes, Gain 4 - Threshold 6 to 7 on my VH-11 and CY-15R.
Kabonfaiba

Return to Related Software