Pad setup wizard suggestion

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Pad setup wizard suggestion

Postby Kabonfaiba » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am

The self triggering reduced with those inputs disabled.

But not eliminated - it was happening once every 50 seconds on Gain 8 Threshold 1.

I also tested disabling input 1 (kick) because that's the input that is next to self trigger if I disable input 17.

Disabling input 1 also reduces self triggering on input 17 by another exponential amount, almost to nothing. Perhaps every 5-10 minutes for an aftertouch.
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 am

Can you please post a screenshot of the MIDI Log again with aftertouch self triggering? It was choking note 0 before and you already disabled inputs with note 0 so I need to see what note it is choking now.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Kabonfaiba » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 pm

This is with inputs 2/3, 12/13, 14/15 disabled.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

I have noticed strange behaviour from my snare with those inputs disabled; note 6 (snare head) also sends note C -1 with it. You can see a bit of it in the graph, C -1 triggers at a consistent velocity while note 6 displays the true velocity I hit the pad. Interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:18 pm

1. If you change DampenedNote to anything but 0, does aftertouch note also change?
2. Switch off the module, disconnect the cymbal from the cable and while the cable is connected to the module, measure resistance between a) sleeve and ring b) sleeve and tip. What are the both resistance?
3. If you plug the cymbal into any other input, do you get the same problem?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Kabonfaiba » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:14 pm

1. The aftertouch note remains 0 - I changed all DampenedNote to be a unique number on all inputs.
2. a) sleeve and ring = 60k ohms
b) sleeve and tip = 48k ohms
3. Plugged Crash1 into 26/27 and configured normally. Seems to work fine; aftertouch starts at gain 4 threshold 20, which is really good.

Crash2 on 18/19 still needs gain 8 threshold 1, but that doesn't self trigger as badly as 16/17 did.

Seems to me that any switch sensors on 16/17 and 18/19 require settings which are out of the normal range to work properly. :geek:
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 pm

In Pedal settings set all 0 Notes (Bells are set 0 there) to non-zero value. Do you still get aftertouch with 0?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Kabonfaiba » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 am

Capture4.PNG

Found it; input 23 was sending note 0. It should have been disabled but for some reason it wasn't. Perhaps due to the mds loading bug, I missed that disabled box before saving to slot.

Also unexplained; the aftertouch notes have started displaying their true note numbers in the log again. I haven't changed anything else, I switched MD on and opened MDMFX.

Crash 1 still self-triggering mind, that hasn't changed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 am

dmitri wrote:Also unexplained; the aftertouch notes have started displaying their true note numbers in the log again. I haven't changed anything else, I switched MD on and opened MDMFX.

I suspect some settings between MegaDrum and MDMFX were not in sync.

Kabonfaiba wrote:Crash 1 still self-triggering mind, that hasn't changed.

Quite a few things changes in settings by now. Please post the screenshot of current Crash1 settings along with the MIDI Log.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Kabonfaiba » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:33 pm

Here's the latest log.

Capture5.PNG

Not sure what else I can do to sync apart from Get All and Get Globals.
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Is it still self triggering if you disconnect the cymbal at the cymbal's end of the cable (leaving the cable plugged into the module)?

Also, don't you have any electric device nearby, or on the same power line as your PC with MegaDrum, which might be switching on and off every few seconds?
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software